KAVEH AZIZI

DJ biographies, discographies, and interviews.

Moderator: MODs

KAVEH AZIZI

Postby Dreamboy » Wed May 24, 2006 11:02 pm

In his own words:

"It all started with a VHS tape of legendary Jean-Michel Jarre back in 1991. I was at that time around five years old and couldn't stop watching this tape my parents had of Jarre's concert in Paris 1990, called "Paris la Défense". It was so amazing, all the lasers, the fireworks, the huge stage, the enormous crowd and especially all the electronic instruments. It all felt so incredible! After watching it over and over again I soon knew all the tracks by heart.

This experience showed to be very decisive for my forthcoming taste and interest in music. I grew up listening to Swedish club music including Antiloop, Pinocchio and Earthbound and also the goa trance of Astral Projection. Since I was 8 years of old I've also played the violin both solo and in orchestra. The experience from violin and classical music has influenced me a lot in both composing, listening and analyzing music. Eventually, when I reached 13 years of age, I felt the natural eager to write my own pieces of music. When my friends wanted mopeds I asked my parents if I could get a sampler instead. As they are very good parents they listened to me and invested in an AKAI S2000 for me. From that time I could get more creative in my music making, combining the sampler with the sounds of ReBirth.

It didn't take long until the musical softwares began to flow into the market. Which lead to many new possibilites in producing. I teamed up with Carl Gudmundson to form the duo 'Next State'. We released several popular tracks for free on mp3.com around 2001-2002.

Later I started producing solo again and I had my first productions released on labels in early 2004. These were two remixes: Lagoona - Into My Dream (Kaveh Azizi Remix) and Johan Kivi - Clouds (Kaveh Azizi Remix). The latter one got immediate support from Paul van Dyk (world's no. 1 DJ at the moment) twice at his weekly radio show Soundgarden. It was both a surprise and and an honour for me.

I kept on releasing a couple of remixes until my first own 12" named Feeling Alive could be found in the record shops in early autumn of 2005. This one also got plays from Paul van Dyk plus several other top DJs around the world. Soon after that, my collaboration with the Russian duo Bobina and English vocalist Erire was released on Maelstrom Records under the name Zenon feat. Erire - September Rain.

Now we've reached 2006 and I have got new stuff coming up. One change is that my medical studies take much of the time I have for music making and will probably continue to do that. But I keep on producing during the nights (who needs sleep anyway?) so you will certainly see more tracks out there with my name! ;)

Kaveh Azizi
January 2006 - Uppsala, Sweden"

You can also drop him a message on:
http://www.myspace.com/kavehazizi

And finally for a little gift, u might wanna visit the Media section of his site.

Biography Source: www.kavehazizi.com
[url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/dreamboy.htm]:d: :r: :e: :a: :m: :b: :o: :y: :exclamation:
[/url]
Dreamboy
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DJ_TRACID » Wed May 24, 2006 11:48 pm

wow the guy has been inspired in his early age! interesting! ;)
DJ_TRACID
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Return to The Library