[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - DJ Tempa @ BO18 {REVIEW}

DJ Tempa @ BO18 {REVIEW}

News and events about DJs, upcoming events, and future releases.

Moderator: MODs

DJ Tempa @ BO18 {REVIEW}

Postby DIONYSOS » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:56 am

The series of imported DJs by Pico Productions and Vibe Lebanon started last night with cypriot DJ Tempa taking on the decks @ BO18. Tempa already performed in Lebanon once (Crasher @ Monot), so the Lebanese crowd wasn't a complete stranger to him.

I arrived at BO18 at about 1:30AM. Typical BO18 music was being played: Progressive & Dark House. The crowd was also the typical BO18 crowd, i.e. no Hayfa/Nancy/Wassouf fans. Tempa took over at about 2:45AM (after being busy for a whole hour flirting with a delicious blondie) and played a set of Melodic & Vocal Trance. Here are some of the tracks that I still remember being played last night (as anybody who has ever been at a Trance gig with me knows that I would be dancing non-stop therefore it's really hard to keep track of the songs played):

Whirlpool ~ Under The Sun (Solar Stone Remix)
Push ~ The Legacy (Original Mix)
Kyau & Albert ~ Velvet Morning (Aalto Remix)
Smith & Pledger ~ Forever (Vocal Mix)
Sonorous ~ Protonic (Ronski Speed Remix)
Envio ~ Time To Say Goodbye (Passiva Remix)
Matt Hardwick + Smith & Pledger ~ Connected (Original Mix)
BT ~ Force Of Gravity (Airborne Remix)

Tempa maintained a real melodic spirit to his set for about and hour and half, then he switched to Uplifting, Hard, and Tech-Trance. I had to leave just then for certain reasons, so I don't really know how that went, but I'm sure Joe will fill me in on the details soon enough.

Time for DIONYSOS' infamous constructive criticism! :P
1) The place could've been better. Maybe it was good enough for Tempa as he is not really known worldwide, but I'm having a hard time imagining Marco V, Johan Gielen, or Scott Bond spinning for a crowd of 100-200 people.
2) Sound quality was good, but not powerful - we couldn't feel the bass.
3) Tempa has good taste in the tracks he chose, but he doesn't know how to fit them all together; i.e. he doesn't know what to mix with what. In addition to him having average mixing skills - not bad at all, but not impressive either.

All in all, I think it is a really good gesture that BO18 is doing by occasionly shifting from their routine House ambiance into a more trancy one. Next events coming up are Marco V on the 16th of July, Matt Hardwick on the 22nd, and 3 big DJs in August: Johan Gielen, Scott Bond, and Michael Woods.

TranceHits.com members present at BO18 last night were: DIONYSOS, Psychadelic Cowboy (Joe, and his trancy friends), Pibito, and Misstress B.

Last edited by DIONYSOS on Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Johnny » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:36 pm

i guess Marco V deserves a huge gig for himself, not for 200 people :(
Johnny
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby bxtreme » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:05 pm

damn... lovely tracklist... thats the type of music id like to hear! Envio and Whirlpool are SOOOO my type!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
bxtreme
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:07 pm

same here bro, u shouldve seen the look on my face wen he threw those in...HEAVEN!

Johnny ur absolutely rite! this a DJ who is used to havin thousands of ppl beneath him; BO aint even gona b full wen he comes (it wasnt full yesterday)
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Johnny » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:25 pm

it's because of the promotion :)) @ the wrong place... as usual
Johnny
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Dreamboy » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:21 pm

i bet none of those upcoming events will match PVD's event ... and for this one, altough the tracklist seems to be a good one but u may also need a good atmoshphere as well and B018 aint the right place ....
[url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/dreamboy.htm]:d: :r: :e: :a: :m: :b: :o: :y: :exclamation:
[/url]
Dreamboy
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Johnny » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:42 pm

:roll: ur right....
Johnny
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby TRANCExual » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:17 pm

Michael woods is coming too!! :shock: :shock: ,damn i love the remixes by that guy!!

Then it turned out to be true that tempa was the first dj we saw at "CRASHER @ MONOT", i can c that from his playlist. Excellent playlist btw,thats what we'd like to here,track selection is better than PvD's one i guess because its more trancy! :roll:

Ya,BO18 SUX BIG TIME FOR SUCH EVENTS!
TRANCExual
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DIONYSOS » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:25 pm

guys u cant even COMPARE these events wit PvD. we're talkin MixFM vs BO18 , 4000 people vs 250 max , venue vs club ... ma fi nesbe
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby samer » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:45 pm

mmm nice playlist.. but arent they kinda old?
i dont want to sound like a bitch.. but when an artist have his promo circulated around all DJs worldwide, it's not awesome to play an older track by him.. I.E: Kyau & Albert ~ Velvet Morning (Aalto Remix)
anyway, he might have played newer tunes but werent noted by dio's review..
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby DIONYSOS » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:59 pm

nope the ones i didnt mention r even older stuff, early york tunes, agnelli & nelson...
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Johnny » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:07 pm

tempa rhymes with pampa :P
Johnny
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Dreamboy » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:25 pm

well i won't mind old tracks being played as long as the dj is delivering good music ;)
[url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/dreamboy.htm]:d: :r: :e: :a: :m: :b: :o: :y: :exclamation:
[/url]
Dreamboy
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby samer » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:34 pm

ya but it's nice to check some promos from international DJs.. to feel updated by them rather than having an Oldies set!
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby bxtreme » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:46 pm

true that... this kyau vs. albert track is really old :( ....
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
bxtreme
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Next

Return to News & Events