[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - MixFM's One Big Sunday @ La Voile Bleue (Jbeil)

MixFM's One Big Sunday @ La Voile Bleue (Jbeil)

News and events about DJs, upcoming events, and future releases.

Moderator: MODs

MixFM's One Big Sunday @ La Voile Bleue (Jbeil)

Postby DIONYSOS » Sun May 09, 2004 9:08 pm

It's a sunny sunday and I woke up sometime before noon, looked out the window, and saw the great sun shining brightly and a soft breeze blowing on my face; it was pretty that this was going to be a fine day... a fine day for Trance!

After lunch, I get in my car and drive straight to Jbeil where MixFM was throwing a beach party entitled One Big Sunday, with noneother than our own AMADEUS as the DJ behind the decks for the Trance section of the event.

As soon as I got in the car I turned on some quality Trance (as I always do whenever I'm driving) and started getting in the mood by listening to quality tracks such as Solar Stone & Scott Bond ~ Naked Angel and Alphazone ~ Revelation to name a few.

As I got there, commercial house music was being played, so Trance was preparing itself!

After a good swim in the cool water, I notice that it's almost time for AMADEUS to take on the decks, so I dry myself up and walk straight to the stage, then I hear Dan Harper announcing AMADEUS' turn to get the party pumping - and the journey began!

I was impatiently anticipating what AMADEUS would start his set with; and boy was I satisfied! He opened up his set with the classical instrumental section of Tiesto's Forever Today, which he later on mixed with the beat of Above & Beyond's remix of As The Rush Comes, so it was pretty clear that this was gonna be one hell of a set! Especially when he faded it out into PvD's For An Angel! That was an orgasmic :P

Naturally I start jumping and raving like a madman as soon as the beat dropped, and things only got better afterwards!

AMADEUS spinned a blend of Vocal, Melodic, and Uplifting Trance, with an incredible track selection, top-notch mixing techniques, and very impressive crowd interaction!

The tracks played that I still remember (other than the ones mentioned above) are Tiesto's Adagio For Strings, AvB's Burned With Desire (the Rising Star remix), CJ Stone's take on Chicane's SaltWater, Quicksilver's Equinox, Andain supersweet Beautiful Things, PvD's Time Of Our Lives, that remix of Gladiator's movie theme called We Are Free, and concluded the set with Mark Norman's powerful reconstruction of Love Comes Again.

What can I say... the guy mixed for about 60 to 90 minutes, all of which I was dancing and jumping and smiling and even kneeling at times! The ambiance was just perfect: from the great track selection to the people's response to his communication with the crowd to the good mixing to to to...

Just picture yourself on one of Lebanon's best beaches with a soft breeze gently caressing your moist skin, and to top it all of an A-class DJ spinning the greatest music of all - Trance.

Shame to anyone who missed it, but don't feel too distressed! Because this surely isn't the last of MixFM's beach parties, and definetly not the last of AMADEUS' performances.

It's true that by the end of the set the crowd was worn out. But keep in mind that the set was spinned towards the end of the afternoon, so everyone there was already used up from dancing to the previous DJs and from swimming - not to mention from AMADEUS' choice of irresistable Trance! The dancefloor was packed at the beginning and I could actually spot some lips singing along the vocal tracks, which really made me happier.

Other TranceHits.com members present there were TRANCExual, commando, and psychadelic cowboy... we were the only ones who were dancing like crazy from start to finish!

All in all, my hunger for Trance was fully satisfied today; just now when I got home, I was still singing some of the vocal songs and hymning some of the tunes and dancing to them all by myself in the room with that same bigass smile on my face! That smiled was pretty shown from where you were standing eh AMADEUS? :P

So guys, those of you who were there know what I'm talking about. Those who weren't missed out on one hell of an event, so make sure you don't the next times!

I want to thank AMADEUS for the incredible set he played, and MixFM for organizing such a successful event.

See you all next time!
Last edited by DIONYSOS on Sun May 09, 2004 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby TRANCExual » Sun May 09, 2004 9:42 pm

Yes it was a very nice cool day,the atmosphere was crazy and AMADEUS'S playlist was a HELL of a big amazing one.But DIONYSOS i wanna kill you.You forgot to mention PVD-FOR AN ANGEL!!!,and also he played Gladiator-We Are Free.
gr8 day,im burned,i look like a red apple :P
TRANCExual
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby commando » Sun May 09, 2004 9:43 pm

AMADEUS, it was a great day..thank you so much and looking forward to ur next event..
And DIONYSOS..i wasnt dancing like crazy from start to begining,remember?? 8) i was DESPERATELY lookin for a "chick with a cig" :wink: ...oh well,didnt find 1... Yalla better luck next time and hope that we will ALL be there..(btw, nice essay dude.. i'll give u an A-) lol... :lol:
"Trance is an outburst of the soul" (Frederick Deluis)
commando
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby commando » Sun May 09, 2004 9:46 pm

lol TRANCExual.. DIONYSOS didnt hear "Gladiator-We Are Free"..he was busy puttin his shorts back on cause his bathing suit kept slipping off! hahahah :lol: . But he did forget the part about the ride back with us in his car..thats why i gave him an A- not a +... :wink:
"Trance is an outburst of the soul" (Frederick Deluis)
commando
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sun May 09, 2004 10:28 pm

how could i 4get for an angel! thx zooz ill add those 2 tracks 2 the list
and lol @ commando
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby AMADEUS » Sun May 09, 2004 11:05 pm

thanks a lot guys for being at la voile bleue!! what you posted dionysos is very nice , i really appreciate it! i enjoyed the crowd today!! you really made me happy guys! and for all those who missed it, don't miss it next time.. the crowd was jumping like crazy.. 1300 ppl were at One Big Sunday so you missed a lot of sun, fun, girls, drinks , dancing and TRRRRANCE !!!
TRANCE WILL RULE IN LEBANON SO SOON , have faith :)
AMADEUS
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby e-sam » Sun May 09, 2004 11:23 pm

Sorry guys I couldnt make it. I wanted to go more than anything but my family woke me up at 9 am (slept at 4 am) and forced me to go vote. They ruined my day because I didnt want to vote and every member of the family started calling my cellular some with good others with bad words! At the end of the day they won... I went around 3 pm and voted their list :|

Sunny beach party + trance + beautiful girls = A very lucky sunday!!! I guess it wasnt my lucky day :(
e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bxtreme » Sun May 09, 2004 11:51 pm

I AM SOOO HAPPY FOR WHATS HAPPENING AT LEB!!! GO YOU GUYS!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
bxtreme
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Mon May 10, 2004 12:43 am

this gonna b the summer of TRANCE! and TranceHits.com will b remember as 1 of the names responsible for that i can assure u. u other ppl make sure u dont miss out on the next One Big Sunday (or any similar event with Trance involved) c u all on May 21st ;)
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby The Phoenician » Mon May 10, 2004 8:23 am

Nice to hear you guys enjoyed it. Wish I could have been there...
Did anybody take some pics? If so, please post them.
The Phoenician
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Mon May 10, 2004 9:23 am

in the middle of the set i slapped my forehead 4 4gettin 2 get my camera! i had put it aside wen i was still at home but 4got 2 throw it in the beachbag b4 i left :( ill surely take some pics next time and post them
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby The Phoenician » Mon May 10, 2004 9:52 am

The Phoenician
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby bxtreme » Mon May 10, 2004 12:06 pm

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
bxtreme
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Dreamboy » Mon May 10, 2004 1:55 pm

[url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/dreamboy.htm]:d: :r: :e: :a: :m: :b: :o: :y: :exclamation:
[/url]
Dreamboy
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Return to News & Events