[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - 2010

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

Postby Qulture » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:14 pm

In 9 days , 2010 will be over , and i cant believe how fast it has passed ! Everything is passing by so quickly these days ... scary thought !!

Anyways , lets try and recap some of the cool moments in edm throught this year . I will start with some

Sunlounger's new album , The Beach Side Of Life , and his 3rd Volume of Magic Island

Boom Jinx & Andrew Bayer have realesed magical stuff this year , and Boom Jinx & Jaytech - Milano is contender for track of the year in my books !

Raneem proved that he has alot of tricks up his sleeve , 2011 will be a big year for him . wait and see .

I discovered that i hate the direction electro has headed , some people calle it dutch house or something , like diplo , afrojack , bart b more ( although i used to like his sound alot ) etc...

However , at the same time i became more appreciative of house music , example is this track which is also a contender for track of the year in my books . Dimitri Vegas , like Mike and Dada life feat Tara Mcdonald - Tomorrow(give into the night ) ( original and dabruck and klien remix ) :shock:

Swedish House Mafia and Tiesto started sounding the same !!

Anjunadeep released kick ass tracks throughout the year , nonstop !! one of my favorite labels !

Cosmic Gate had a lot of good releases this year. They are not stopping anytime soon .

As cliche and commercial as this may sound these days , but i still think Armin is releasing quality stuff . Not to mention that his label is slowly becoming as big as a country !!

I like what Protoculture did this year .

Of course without hesitation , the year could be concluded with one name .... ARTY ! This guy exploded on the scene , he is the most in demand producer atm ... along with Yuri Kane , Mat Zo , Dash Berlin and First State , they all had a good year .

Susana's album was a big surprise for me ! Many quality tracks on that album , Closer is one of the best tracks this year , and playing with her twice made me appreciate her vocals even more !

Who.is is a great new partnership . They will be big in 2011 .

Michael Cassette remains to be one of my favorite producers , his Temporarity cd is pure bilss !

Thats it for now , will come back later for more ...
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Re: 2010

Postby ziz00_909 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:22 pm

Yupp.. 2010 another year that flew by just like that!!

Big Year for EDM.. Quality Releases..Quality Albums and Shit Load of Sick Compilation..
I always thought that at this point I'd be hooked on a single Genre.. and only following this particular one.. but actually i'm still shifting between genres and sub-genres, enjoying bits here and there..

Let me Recap a bit of what i been listening too this year long..

Artist Albums.. Moshic is right there on Top of The List with two amazing co-albums: Tubta(Chill-Out) - Sapirinion(Progressive).. PURE BLISS
Hybrid were big this year and released a great Electronica Album: "Disappear Here" with amazing tracks suck as "Break My Soul" - "Can You Here Me"
and comes along with it.. Trentemøller's Into The Great Wide Yonder .. great Minimalesc album!

With All the compilations released this year..two masterpieces Stand Out BIG:
John Digweed - STRUCTURES :twisted:

and the Release of the Year for me: Renaissance 15 : James Zabiela - Life!!! :shock: :shock:

As for some of the hot singles.. here's a really short list :

Chemical Brothers - Swoon (Boys Noize Summer Mix)
Petar Dundov - Distant Shores (Original Mix) ---> Contender for Track of the year
Lusine - Two Dots (Nic Fanciulli Remix)
Steve Bug feat. Gigi - Like It Should Be (Ribn's Translucent Vox Remix)
Pryda - The End (original mix)
Trentemoller - Sycamore Feeling (Gui Boratto Remix)
Oliver Morgenroth - Dreamrunner (Dyno Remix)
Kay D - Reaching The Surface (Original Mix)
The Prodigy - Omen (Dean Newton Remix)
Extrawelt - Trummerfeld(Oliver Huntemann Remix)

Attended a Good Number of Events this year.. the Sounds that i most liked were.. JOOF's and of course Sasha & Zabiela turn table twist night!! :twisted:

Apart of EDM .. 2 Great Albums that i'm addictive too : Massive Attack - Heligoland and Gorillaz - Plastic Beach!

lots of other stuff..that's wt came to mind now.. will be back with the rest
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Night Stalker » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:14 am

BEATS PER MINUTE OFFICIAL CRACK FIEND.
its about time to set the BPM ON FIRE.....

"It wasn't God that did this to us man, it was you... you fucking fat narcotics agent!"

Have you watched: "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on WEED man?"
Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Qulture » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:57 am

^

Yeah Aziz ! Perfect track , i always get such big reactions when i play it out !!

Zizo , i need to check out the JZ compilation , heard it is really good . And i agree about the distant shores track , beautiful !!

I forgot to mention pryda ! Eric has had a massive year , niton , vega , the end , illusions etc ...

Gareth Emery was good also this year , although i think the pace at which he was improving or growing has slowed down a bit compared with last year .

Avicci / Tim Berg was also big this year , there were some good tracks i enjoyed . Not to mention how big Bromance became !

Another honorable mention , is this track :

Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:30 pm

A great year for me! Many new talents, some old talents still banging, new sounds, more fusion of genres...

Here are the men who made my year, in random order:

Moonbeam
Ryan Davis
Weekend Heroes
Cirez D
Gui Boratto
Henry Saiz
Dominik Eulberg
Max Cooper
Extrawelt
Booka Shade

But at the same time, I'm very disappointed with our local EDM scene where local talent is still unappreciated, mainstream music is even more on the rise at the expense of the underground - I think this was our worst year to date, and I'm not optimistic about 2011.
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Raneem » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:43 pm

here`s my list:

Michael Woods :shock:
Daniel Wanrooy :mrgreen:
W&W :twisted:
Leon Bolier (Phantasma album is amazing!) :angel:
4 Strings (under their alias Radion 6, and they`re doing awesome) :D
D-Mad is doing very well! :)
Bart Claessen 0X (this guy`s music is out of this world. and his Who.Is collab with Raz Nitzan is rising!)
Sied Van Riel is back on track! 8)
Sander van Doorn produced really good stuff this year, and he always does a great job in gigs! keeps the crowd moving :onfire:
Evol Waves (copying Sander van Doorn in his productions, but doing good) :roll:
and of course: Arty, Rank1, and John O`Callaghan
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:44 pm

naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Fawzi » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:17 am

Arty's definitely the artist of the year for me.

Mentions must go also to:
Eelke Kleijn's Untold Stories album
Gareth Emery who finally released his artist album, Northern Lights
Michael Cassette's Temporarity album
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Genesis » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:42 pm

I'm still sucking on progressive psy and 2010 was no different! A little bit of stagnation happening with full-on par a few notable good acts but prog-psy hasn't disappointed.

Predictably, Eastern European acts (notably Serbia) are taking the scene by storm. The quadruple of Nerso, Flegma, Zyce, and (last but certainly not least) e-Clip. e-Clip in particular has been mind blowing!! Debut album out in a few weeks - I can hardly wait for it; my arse is like frozen!!!
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Qulture » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:48 am

^

and its not because of the cold weather in Europe !

;)
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby samer » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:58 pm

For me, the highlight of 2010 was the music coming from East Europe!! Russia and Co. are currently producing the most original diverse sound! It's booming with new and young artists, same way as what was going on in northern Europe back in the late 90s!!
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Qulture » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:47 pm

I forgot to mention Dinka ! I was blown away with what he did , great stuff !!

Also as Chris Reece , they were not bad , The Notice with Nadia Ali was a good track in my books
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Return to The Music Room