[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - For You , 2009 Was About .......

For You , 2009 Was About .......

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

For You , 2009 Was About .......

Postby Qulture » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:48 am

2009 is about to close its doors . Lets see what you thought about this year in term of EDM trends or any other related topic

After the Swedish House Mafia remixed Robin S - Show me love in 2008 , endless amounts of remixes from classic tracks surfaced . In 2009 sooooo many producers tried to follow that trend !!

Markus Schulz did a great Job with Dakota !

Martin Roth shined in everything he did once again .

Armin Van Buuren did some good productions this year .

Tiesto has officially gone bananas !!

I enjoyed everything coming out of Cosmic Gate

Gareth Emery showed that he is the man of the year !!

Quite year in terms of albums for Roger Shah , some good productions though , and the compilation of the year for me . Magic Island vol. 2

Andy Blueman out did himself in the world to come remix !

Dash Berlin is definetly one of the best talents this year , his remixes and artist album are brilliant !

Henry Saiz was very good this year ... although it was the first time i hear of him !!

Myon & Sahane 54 never sleep ! since they remix a track per second ! lol ... but brilliant stuff

Raneem had a great year .... and from what i have heard personally , keep an eye on him for 2010, trust me !

Progressive house seems to be making a good come back !

Techno is still going strong for many people ....

Alot of Vocals this year in trance , allot of producers tried to incoporate vocals in their tracks , but few succeeded with good ones !

I discovered i have a soft spot for the stuff Genesis recommended in the Ramadan music thread !!

and finally , 2009 was the worst year for me in terms of deaths !!! sooo many people's parents , sisters , cousins , grandparents , etc ... passed away ... i kept on going to 3aza's no stop ! may god have mercy on all their souls !!

:twisted:
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Re: For You , 2009 Was About .......

Postby Fawzi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:21 pm

To me, 2009 was about:

*Gareth Emery proving himself to be maybe the best producer!

*Sean Tyas rebuilding his productions from "too similar" to great stuff!

*Armin proving with his compilations and A State of Trance 400 that he is the most influential man in EDM

*Akesson confirming the potential he showed in Perfect Blue wit Flavour Park/Without You EP

*Ashley Wallbridge emerging as one of the most promising talents

*Sunny Lax gaining consistency in the quality of his productions

And a lot more, I don't remember much right now..

2009 has been a really good year for trance music :)
Last edited by Fawzi on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:52 pm

... "Micheal Jackson passing away" :(

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Nicktalopia » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:13 pm

EDM wise i didn't listen to many tracks this year apart from the Sean Tyas podcast updates i didn't get more than 2 - 3 single releases.
Personal life wise: i ditched 99% of the people i know, specially the do me a favor/help me with this and that type, and I lost my Facebook account and my farm that i spent hours creating.
Sad checkpoints in 09: The death of Michael Jackson, the incidents that took place in Lebanon, and since their memorial day was yesterday, the assassination of Gebran Tueni and Francois al-Hajj is a sad memory for me every year.
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Qulture » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:27 pm

^

Sounds like a bad year my friend !! it is really a bad year for many people , i for one think its one of the worst years to come my way .... !!

The financial crisis has hit many people i know ( including our business ) harshly , many people i know passed away , the constant israeli destruction of the west bank and Gaza , Lebanon seems to always have a bad year on way or the other , and finally the death of Michael Jackson , which is sad ... but compared to the other things that are going wrong ... not that bad !!

Always say Hamdulilah though ....

I hate Facebook , Twitter , Blackberry ( although i have one now !! ) , and iphones !!
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Genesis » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:44 pm

Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby ziz00_909 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:54 pm

mmm..2009..

first of all it was a very short year..passed in a blink of an eye..
not my best tho..

had a lot of disputes with a lot of people..close ones.. not the same relationship with my friends nor my fam. anymore ...
busting my ass at the university === and not gettin what i was hoping for! ..
that's the down side.. nice things happened to..but strangely a person only remembers the worst :P

to sum things up.. shitty stuff that happens every year.. everywhere.. didn't miss anything in 2009 :|

Musically:

great Year.. got to discover each genre more and more..and evaluate them on a better ground..
can safely say..i got more mature in what i listen to these days..

Progressive got to me the most this year.. with support from Gen and Dion (witch his music makeovers are the best thing he did in his musical career)..
names that are a must to mention this year: HENRY SAIZ - KOMYTEA - JEROME - Guy J[great Remixes].. and for sure: Diggerz(with his Transitions) :twisted:

Got officially introduced to Minimal & Techno.. and got to say that i'm diggin them a looot! Great Productions up there..

mmm Trance Didn't Get the best of me this year.. not as it did before..
but still...remarkable work from Cosmic Gate with a great Album :)

On the Raving Side.. i been at some good gigs this year that i really enjoyed..:
Sasha(late late 2008: 27-12-08!!)..
Above & Beyond (summer 09)
Zabiela( summer 09)
Sasha & Diggers (summer 09)
Cattaneo (summer 09)
& finally Ferry Corsten (21-11-09)
a variety of music genres up there: from Prog - to Trance and BreakBeat/Techno! had a great time there :D
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:03 am

MJ dying/Dubai melting into bankruptcy/Beirut consuming way too much Dom Perignon/Employment (after 5 fantastic unemployed months spent in Istanbul end of 2008 :D)/Losing my manhood and my balls and becoming a one-woman man forever! :o
'
Musically (in no order whatsoever)

Nick Curly/Reboot/Seuil/Nima Gorji/Ray Okpara/Wolf + Lamb podcasts/rooftop parties in Dubai/the use of Traktor mixed with records, mixed with CDJs = embracing technology and the sounds it creates while missing watching 1210s.
The Berlin Movie by Paul Kalkbrenner.
Luciano + Villalobos making me bounce while I drive, work, eat, sleep, shit....
Luciano - Tribute to the Sun Album and DVD.
Taking it back old school---large amounts of dollars spent on beatport for albums/compilations/tracks pre 2003.
INHeadKay: I've downloaded almost every set you put on it, and I can truly say I've enjoyed every single one. Solid tracklisting, great flow, and always impressing me to some degree---keep it up dude.

Clubbing:
Realising that I no longer enjoy nor can handle events with more than 200-300people. This was proven to me by spending a total of 5minutes in BO18 the last time I went in Feb 2009, and maximum 20min spent at Hernan Cattaneo in Beirut as well as refusing to go to Creamfields Abu Dhabi for a/m reasons. Its been a nice run (first rave in 1991).

2010 I expect big things from:
Raneem: Even though I don't listen to your music too much anymore I see ur moving upwards and forwards extremely fast and your productions seem to be enjoyed and recognized by major players in the industry. It seems like just yday that the only comments on TH to do with you involved chocolate knefeh. keep it up dude and good luck--keep putting Lebanon on the map: 1 bpm at a time ;).
Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:05 pm

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Raneem » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:55 am

Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Complex year this was. Lots of ups and downs, drifting in and out. Musically, I lost some interest even if I stayed somehow updated with the scene. No major fluctuation, and it was Jerome Isma-Ae who impressed me the most. On the personal level, some new professional experiences embellished a very exhausting year. 2010 promises to be even harder. Ah well, to 2010!

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:35 pm

Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Fawzi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:20 am

^What if I love it as well? :oops:
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Raneem » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:29 am

Gen..Lovely track ;)
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Qulture » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Lol ... as i replied in the new music thread ... great track Gen !!! Very well produced ...

What i have realized lately , is that as from other genres of edm , Psy is also crossing boundaries , to incorporate more elements of prog and tech ... maybe this was called prog psy before , i dont know , my knowledge is limited when it comes to this style !

But non the less .... very good stuff !! Fresh ....
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Next

Return to The Music Room