[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - You opinion on my show...

You opinion on my show...

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

Re: You opinion on my show...

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:12 pm

:mrgreen:

Q is that your own quote in your signature? :lol:
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Qulture » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 am

^

Unfortunately ....... Yes !!! :oops:

The resemblence between both styles is tooooo darn close !

Asef
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:40 pm

We need to talk then :P

Back to the topic, I think I figured out what I'm doing with my show, and there basically won't be much change in the format, except that I'll be placing more emphasis on newer material, and will sound a bit different, only noticeable by a trained ear. New show starts on the first Friday of November. Thank you all for your contributions, you were really of great help!
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Qulture » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:17 pm

so are you trying to say that after all these posts .... you didnt decide on anything new ????
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:33 pm

hahaha well your opinions made me realize that I shouldn't change MUCH! But there will be some changes...
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Fawzi » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:27 pm

Sorry I'm in late! Here are my thoughts about this:

1- As Gen said, you're identity IS diverse, eclectic music. You can convey this idea very clearly only by keeping your show as it is. If you were to, say, make it one week dark, one week bright, then it would seem as if not even you are convinced with what you are; or maybe it would like you're trying to please one crowd the first week, and the second the week after. In my opinion, the show as fine as it is right now, unless you have some ideas that I'm not aware of.

2-If you're worried about losing you're identity, then any major changes will make you lose it, because the type of music you play and the shows you prepare already defined it for you.

Now I don't know if it's feasible, but the way I see your show, it starts off with dark, housy music and then slowly, progressively moves to trancier and brighter music. One way you can "change" it but manage to remain as the DJ that plays everything is by trying to mix them together. Roughly speaking, your show is 1st half house, 2nd half trance. What you can try doing is playing maybe house, then trance, then house, and fluctuating between them to produce something really cool and diversified.
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Genesis » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Dion is a crowd-pleaser... He must have been a prostitute in his previous life.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:29 pm

^Previous? :P

Fawzi, thanks for taking the time to share your views despite the topic losing its hotness :D

As I last mentioned without elaborating much, I decided to only make minor refinements, mainly around:

1) Focusing more on newer releases without abandoning harmonic matching => fresher show

2) Giving up some stuff I used to play before but that I don't enjoy any more => better sounding show

3) Introducing some stuff I typically didn't play before but that I'm starting to enjoy now => more eclectic show

4) No longer waiting for NRJ to upload the show on their servers to share it => more listener-dedicated show

The things that changed and things that remained are partly due to recent change in taste I've been having (let's not call it "evolution" or "maturity" to avoid opening doors here!), and partly due to the opinions I gathered here from real music listeners who know their shit - so thank you all once again!

REINVENTED SHOW KICKS OFF THIS FRIDAY OCTOBER 16TH - which coincides with my 1 year anniversary of relocating to Dubai... but who knows, maybe I won't see another year here ;)
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Qulture » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:08 am

^

Youre such a tease !!!!

Even i cant keep up with you , and i consider myeslf a big tease !!!

:evil:
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:10 pm

:twisted:

But which part are you referring to exactly? :P
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Qulture » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:57 pm

the maybe i wont see another year here part .........
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:56 am

:roll:
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Qulture » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:54 am

:roll: :shock: :twisted: :evil: :redhotevil: :fadein:
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby crow » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:02 am

OH FUCK! How could I forget?!
Saleem... one more suggestion if it's not too late

CHANGE THE GOD DAMN FLYER MAN!!!
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DIONYSOS » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:10 pm

LOOOL

Who knows maybe I'll listen to you after all!!!
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Music Room