[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Did Trance degrade in the past couple of years?

Did Trance degrade in the past couple of years?

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

Did Trance degrade in the past couple of years?

Postby Night Stalker » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:21 am

Did trance or EDM in general degrade in the last couple of years?

was listening to ASOT 200 last night, one massive track after another for 2 hours... it seemed kind of normal back then and didn't value it as much as i did listening to it 4 years later. I admit that i haven't listened to more than a handful or two max of trance sets in the past two years, but i somehow always managed to yawn 20 minutes or so during the set and rarely finish it. Other EDM styles that i used to listen to weren't much better off in that department, can hardly find a D&B or Techno or Darkcore etc.. set that gets me overly excited about it nowadays.

So, i was wondering what the reason or reasons might be.

Did EDM reach its plateau a few years back and now its in a stage of decline?

or is it a simple case of an "old fart" (tnx Gen) failing to adapt and evolve in his/her musical tastes to keep up with the times?

On a maybe related note, i was talking to an old dutch friend whom i haven't spoken to or met in more than 3 years (only good thing about facebook is reuniting with old friends), and he was mentioning how much fun he had attending a Trance Metal event.. i was like WTF is this world coming to? he shot me a couple of links and artist names.. needless to say i INSTA deleted it, without even thinking twice of giving it a shot. I thought i was acting that way, because i "knew better", had "refined tastes". Yet, deep inside i couldn't help but wonder if my refusal was just a refusal to adapt to the present instead of clinging to the past... a scary picture of my 74 year old dad bragging about his refusal to adapt to the internet and pride of holding tightly to dusty books of a dead and sooner or later forgotten past springs to mind.

8)
BEATS PER MINUTE OFFICIAL CRACK FIEND.
its about time to set the BPM ON FIRE.....

"It wasn't God that did this to us man, it was you... you fucking fat narcotics agent!"

Have you watched: "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on WEED man?"
Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Re: Did Trance degrade in the past couple of years?

Postby Fawzi » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:34 am

I wouldn't say it degraded... One of the reasons that you don't like it as much is maybe because you stopped following it regularly, maybe it doesn't mean as much to you now as it did then...

Also, music is always changing, evolving... When it evolves, it starts to please some people more, some people less... Can't say whether it is degrading or improving, it's all a matter of taste in the end
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Night Stalker » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:44 am

"It wasn't God that did this to us man, it was you... you fucking fat narcotics agent!"

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Qulture » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:51 pm

:)

There is good music out there , you just have to look harder because more and more music is being produced than ever before !

But humans tend to always be melancholic about everything ... especially us Arabs ... !!

" Akkhhhhh wein ayam ASOT 200 !!! " ......!! YOU KNOW HOW WE ARE !! Our great , great grandfathers did it , and we will do it !! and the reasons Arabs suck , is that we wont get off our asses to do anything about it !!!

:mrgreen:

Allahuma ini sayem !! or is it too late for that now ??
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Nicktalopia » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:19 pm

In my humble precious opinion I think Trance has made dramatic change to the best over the years because the music market now is too tight and Record labels are only signing tunes that can sell, sure there will always be labels signing amateur stuff when they first start but overall the big labels are only releasing epic music.
Few known producers told me that they devote extra time learning new stuff and new tricks to keep up with the scene, DAWs are improving, that only proves that Trance is evolving, if you think otherwise (Generally speaking ) then you need expand your Trance radar range.
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:11 pm

NS you seem so wise...and old. What happened to you??

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Nicktalopia » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:18 pm

Either he stopped drinking or been drinking more than he used to. :drinking:
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Genesis » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:55 pm

Damn it, Aziz.... are you sober for a change?

I've given up over analysing what I listen to. I've given up on genres and labelling tunes into them.
Last time I checked though, I wasn't impressed with trance anymore. When I say trance, I mean the three suck arse mainstream genres of it: Tech, uplifting, melodic.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby ziz00_909 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:14 pm

mmm.. maybe because other EDM genres are evolving in a faster ..better way..
well nowadays i'm enjoying minimal and techno latest releases way more than the Trance release..
so that's maybe a reason u may see trance degrade lately.. not cz it's just cz others are groin faster or so.. :|
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:06 pm

No.
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby rob » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:24 pm

no, it degraded during the last decade.
"[...]You'll understand other peoples motivation, You'll be able to tell whether you're being lied to, how boredom and defensiveness reveal, and how to overcome both. You can see how valuable it is to increase your sensitivity to this Non-Verbal Language.." Non Verbal Language - 16 Bit Lolitas
rob
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:48 pm

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Night Stalker » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:31 pm

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Genesis » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:35 am

No, Metal Trance is a new term for me.

I'll keep a look out for it (feel free to link me up to a youtube of it if you've got any links)

PS: I just typed all this while on my toilet seat... Gotta love my Macbook 8)
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:39 pm

There most definitely is NOT a sub-genre called Metal Trance.

Where in Saudi are you? I travel there frequently...
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Next

Return to The Music Room