[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Twitter DJ: M_nus'z new AWESOME application, thoughts?

Twitter DJ: M_nus'z new AWESOME application, thoughts?

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

Twitter DJ: M_nus'z new AWESOME application, thoughts?

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:55 pm

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Re: Twitter DJ: M_nus'z new AWESOME application, thoughts?

Postby crow » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:43 pm

I think it's fucking brilliant!!!
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby ram12 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Indeed! It's a awesome idea! Thanks for the share Kay!
ram12
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:48 pm

man Richie is sooo ahead of the curve when it comes to technology. this is a wicked idea. i don't believe in any fo the CONS, most music freaks recognize tracks anyway, plus he posts his charts on Beatport, RA, etc. so might as well do a live tweet version.

twweet away
Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Shy--Ism » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Richie Hawtin is among my favorite artists of all time. And any fan of Hawtin knows exactly how brainiac he is. A person who's ahead of his age musically and technology wise, definitely one of the most technical Djs I've ever known. Now that Twitter DJ application is new to the M_nus invention series, and might add a lot of spice and enthusiasm. In my opinion ever since his LED "Cube" application is 2006 I guess, the relation between Hawtin, Native Instruments and Traktor Pro made some sort of impact on the dance-floor.

Now in my opinion, the updated DJ Twitter during a live set is a good idea, very innovative and original. It's already getting so much attention, especially from music lunatics and TL-seekers. Also, the bright side of it is that Electronic Music labels will start getting more credit, as well as online digital stores especially if the tracks displayed are directly related to information and to a certain source (which is slightly more different than having the tracklist chart posted later on). This will give M_nus a major pos+t+ve appreciation from labels/online stores and fans, as well as from music producers who would definitely get more recognition through this application. However I'm personally aware of a minor side-effect, like getting instantly updated with the Dj's build up will keep some at home and never dig a "raving spirit" anymore, or probably lose the sense of getting pleasure of instant music for the sake of just humping a mobile in order to get more of a concrete evidence for a broadcasted music piece. Or perhaps this will decrease the charm of a certain DJ on deck, especially if it happens that a crowd "expects" how the DJ is building it up and what he will offer next, and eventually sometimes might not meet certain expectations. The "teasing" and surprising phenomenon might progressively vanish and therefore a party becomes a bit dry and plain with time. Nevertheless I still find that this application would have an encouraging impact on the scene either ways eventhough some music freaks don't always ask for 30-secs updating. Many might claim that this will also take part of commercialization, yet on the other hand it’s still considered as a constructive solution alternative instead of having a specific Dj-name as trademark on shoes and trainers :) .

I don't know, might be a good valuable step or just a new passing trend ... who knows.
The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby crow » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:59 pm

Well Shy-Ism, you raised a good point. The whole teasing effect might vanish....... Or not. Think again. No one said that the DJs will give out everything over Twitter.

I sort of imagine it to be this way:

Me @ some live DJ set by DJ X.
DJ X plays an awesome track.
Me checks Twitter through my phone.
Me finds track name.
DJ X drops another awesome track.
Me checks Twitter.
Me gets update on Twitter from DJ X as "If you're loving this tune, check my website in a few days! Enjoy the rest of set! ;) Watch out for next track. A new remix I've been working on! Won't spill much of the info though! Cheers! "

See?

There are tons of ways available for the DJs to tease the crowd. But then again, the scenario above is too extreme. I honestly lost the will too ID every single track while I'm at an event. I'd rather enjoy the music instead of being a super fan boy. And this is what it's all about.

As for the people at home who would read such updates in the scenario I posted above... Well... Too bad they couldn't make it ;) They are now being teased by the DJ.

The application is awesome and will have its benefits. But there's no such thing as a free lunch ;)
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Its about time producers are given their mention! DJs have always been the ones who grasped all that glory, and it's time to change. Sure the DJ is the sum of the parts, and in a time when tracks are being dissected and modern DJs are mixing different track elements and layering, a tracklist does no justice to them, but the application as I understand will connect to Traktor's ID3 reader then instantly transmit to the DJ's profile the name. However, I am sure there can be options.

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Return to The Music Room