[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Question About Age and Music Taste

Question About Age and Music Taste

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

Re: Question About Age and Music Taste

Postby samer » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:45 pm

bronko is the sinner
sam (me) is the saint :roll:

Q engaged?! mabrook man! :mrgreen: so does this mean there will be q's soon?! :P
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby ziz00_909 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:54 pm

^yea right... :P

mabruuk.. and waiting for Q junior :P
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Qulture » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:21 am

^

LOL ... !!

Thanx alot people :oops: Allah yebarek feekom .

I still have to get married , so prepare yourselves for a week of celebration !! ( when the date is set ... maybe around 2022 !!! )

I think the only thing coming soon will be .. QUES ... !!

Ahmad , this reminds me of a great track by the pet shop boys . ITS A SIN ... !!

Everything i have ever done , everything i ever do , every place i have ever been , every place i am going to .... ITS A SIN !!!

:)
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby crow » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:24 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby samer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:35 pm

long live the pet shop boys!! :mrgreen:
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Genesis » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:10 pm

I don't really know about age but you old wrinkly saggy-titted minorities are strange to understand. It's not really very much about age anymore. I do agree that because you've seen it all and seen too much and you've listened to so much while we (and mid-20's handsome sun-kissed blokes) were still cracking our way through the mid 90's pop fad to emerge onto the EDM audience but I have to mention that it doesn't relate to age exclusively.

I think that you lot are going older in a time when EDM is getting appreciated on a different level than before. I'm just going to talk about TH but it's a sample from the bigger picture: we (as a whole) are more tolerant nowadays to different kinds of music (regardless of EDM). A few years ago we fought a lot, threw garbage at Tiesto at every turn (though we still do a little), idolized DJs (though we always bragged that we didn't), criticized each other all time because we had this knowledge-race were we all had this need to teach each other new and different things about EDM.

Today, we're just appreciating the music for what it is. I think that we are literally giving everything at least one listen and deciding on it. We've broken free from the previous years' antics and just started to enjoy music for what it is. We've moved away from labeling it into genres and from blindly following a DJ around and all he does even if it was pure crap. There was a time were you could ask people what do they listen to and they'd give you this pipelined accurate description as though they're wearing a shoe and can see it to describe it. Now, we don't really care anymore - we've matured away from all this and just enjoying the music for what it is because it simply sounds good. We used to think too much. And think about everything when the music that we really loved was made to chill us out, makes us happy, and get us in a good dance mood - what's to think about? Let the music do it's job because if you're going to think about the synth, melodies, breakdown, and record label history; then you're wrecking the whole purpose of the tune. That's not what it was made for.
I suppose we're more pleased with things and generally satisfied... we have - can't believe I'll be saying this - this ''PLUR'' bullocks.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that while age gives you a more refined and pure form of EDM taste and appreciation (and snobbiness towards us the younger elites... lol) the whole scene has evolved so much and got so integrated with other genres that we (whether forcefully or simple course of nature) have sort of jumped on the wagon and are starting to perceive EDM in more or less the same way.
You'd still have your privileges and retro Enigma-esque moments but in the modern day EDM, I think that we're all on the same page.

Except Kamil cause he's a black Polish German-sausage lover.. suck it bitch.
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:11 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby samer » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:48 am

Gen, definitely this is musical maturity! usually with age one will grasp the fact that what's important is the feeling you get from music and not the label on its cover. true it's not exclusive to age, many young ones can be more mature than the cranky oldies too.. i guess it's all about our perception and realizing the fact that there are more important things in life than just debating over who's the victorious DJ!
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Qulture » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:36 am

I agree with most of what has been said here , espeically with saleem , gen , sam , and samer . ( To an extent :) )

But you must know , that by all means , i dont really take all this to the next level of seriousness !! I am the man who invented " listen to whatever the hell you feel like listening to , without giving 2 left testicles ..! "

I know we all have matured greatly from many years ago , and in my opinion , the members who follow Djs and music blindly and religiously got filtered out of this site , because they couldnt find a safe haven for their stupidity ... ! Which is why this site / forum remains to be one of , if not the best out there for EDM ! The diversity we bring is amazing , and it still has this private / small forum feeling to it , which attracts many producers / and Djs to post here regularly !

Anyways , i usually start these topics for fun , just because i sometimes feel , i would give all the money in the world to see the reaction of a fellow THer , when i listen to such tracks , as the one i posted !

So please dont think that with these topics , i am aiming to change your human nature , or your perspective on life ... !! Open threrad / read / laugh / post your comment / and move on ..... !!!

Q

As the one and only Britney Spears would say ... " I AM STRONGER , THAN YESTERDAY !!! "

ASEF !
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby samlbronkowitz » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:33 pm

i take my virtual cane and beat you virtually across ur virtual ass for quoting Britney Spears on this forum
Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Qulture » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:41 pm

^

Lol ... its done on purpose .. remember my thread a couple of months ago , in The Lounge about that specific song ??
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby TranceFusion » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:34 pm

* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Genesis » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:51 am

Losers weepers.... :p
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby ziz00_909 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:40 pm

jebak joura :P
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Previous

Return to The Music Room