[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - 2008: Has your sound/style taste changed?

2008: Has your sound/style taste changed?

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

Postby crow » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:30 am

^ Haha +1 Raneem

Man... I'm sick of House lovers who deny the goodness in Trance music when some of them were into it a long time ago. They bash it as if it's the most intolerable sub-genre of EDM. It's even funnier when they find a new sub-genre of House music and go like "Oh man this guy is so good! I respect all genres of electronic music" And they go on about how they should respect all other music 'n shit.

Fuckin hypocrites!!

And as for Tech-Trance; just because I didn't mention it, doesn't mean I'm not pointing fingers. But let's face it Trancefusion, to most people, it's more pumping on the dancefloor. Don't get me wrong, I love uplifting, but the repetitiveness is just too much nowadays. It's too noisy! The layering of all these sounds together gets annoying sometimes. Especially with all these new artists trying to come up with Uplifting Trance tracks.

And Trancefusion, don't get all sensitive over my comments about your fave sub-genre. It's my opinion and current taste. Not everyone's pointing fingers bro. I know tons of people who love Uplifting Trance and still enjoy it and DESPISE Tech-Trance. I think you should meet them. I'm also sure there are more Uplifting Trance lovers than Tech-Trance suckers ;)

But who knows? Maybe 2009 will change it back for me. I never said I was leaving ;)
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby mzy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:19 pm

It's all about discovering new genres.
At first I was into trance only (because I was only searching for trance live sets and tracks).
When rami (l_r) gave me Steve Lawler Lights Out 003 and Balance 008 (Desyn Masiello) and Balance 007 (Chris Fortier) , that's when I began changing and searching deeper into sub genres of house.
And now my favorites are Tech House , Minimal/Techno.
I don't listen anymore to trance because I find nothing special in it, except some few artist that I love (Signalrunners and Andy Blueman for example, Dash Berlin also).
And I'm still discovering new sounds, I'm loving Electronica and Ambient lately, and there's some good Indie Dance/Nu Disco stuff.

So my style has changed yes , and it's sure gonna change with time.

I never liked Tech Trance except one track (I don't know why) : Public Domain Feat. Lucia Holm - I Feel Love (Bart Claessen Remix)
And it's when Tech Trance grew up that I stopped listening to trance. Tech Trance is too much noise , too much farting , too much "dajje".
Minimal/Techno it is...
mzy
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby crow » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:39 pm

There's farting in almost every sub-genre of EDM.

Take Cirez D - Tigerstyle.

That's a techno track right there! But it farts like a guy who had curry for dinner.
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby TranceFusion » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:51 pm

DT8 - Destination (Akesson Remix)
You'll fall in love with Trance again :D
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby crow » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:53 pm

^ Pointless post :P

Totally out of context.
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby mzy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Minimal/Techno it is...
mzy
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby crow » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:02 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby mzy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Minimal/Techno it is...
mzy
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby ram12 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:05 pm

ram12
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Raneem » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby mzy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:09 pm

Minimal/Techno it is...
mzy
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby PHAiL » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:14 pm

PHAiL
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby mzy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:17 pm

Minimal/Techno it is...
mzy
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:58 pm

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby rob » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:54 pm

"[...]You'll understand other peoples motivation, You'll be able to tell whether you're being lied to, how boredom and defensiveness reveal, and how to overcome both. You can see how valuable it is to increase your sensitivity to this Non-Verbal Language.." Non Verbal Language - 16 Bit Lolitas
rob
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

PreviousNext

Return to The Music Room