[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Trance in Lebanon

Trance in Lebanon

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

Trance in Lebanon

Postby DIONYSOS » Tue May 09, 2006 4:34 pm

[align=justify]Lebanon's EDM scene sure is evolving, and with quite the pace. We're importing the finest names in the DJ industry, and having a good deal of local DJ events as well. The large-scaled gigs involving international DJs offer just the variety needed to build a healthy scene, but is the local dimension of the scene fulfilling its duties? I think not.

What are the current Lebanese clubs dedicated to EM?
B018 & Basement.
Which EDM genres do these clubs host?
House, and nothing besides.

Is this healthy? Again, I think not.

Why should the year 2005 attract 7500 clubbers for Paul van Dyk, 2500 for Ferry Corsten, 15000 for Tiesto, and 5000 for Armin van Buuren, yet we are now in 2006 and still have no clubs (I'd settle for club without an "s" even) that support this music?
Why are all the local clubs and local club nights fully focused on House and House alone?
With all due respect to House, but Trance merits the same amount of respect, so do other EDM genres such as Techno and DnB to name a few.

Why are all these genres being shadowed in Lebanon? Particularly Trance, since this is mainly a Trance forum and I am mainly a Trance listener and DJ.
Why are all the House DJs, even the ones who can't beatmatch, getting exposure at the top clubs and venues, while Trance DJs who have proven their worth and demonstrated their talent, such as bxtreme for example, are only getting their turn when international DJs are involved?
Why is Amadeus marking success after success in Cyprus, Turkey, and Jordan, gathering thousands abroad but not getting the spot he rightfully deserves right here in his homeland?
Why?

I hold nothing but the largest extent of respect to House and its Lebanese DJs who are working hard to have their sound heard, but it's about goddamn time that Trance DJs get noticed too. Enough with this exagerated House invasion, it's time for some diversity, because diversity alone is what builds an educated crowd. If there weren't any talented Trance DJs on Lebanese soil, one would come to understand this phenomena; but when they're right there in your face, and they're proving themselves through performances and sets, showing the audience that they've got all it takes to pull out a tracklist as fresh as that of any internationally acclaimed DJ, and that they've got the technical skills to play that tracklist right, then why are they stuck in their bedrooms?

I demand change.

This is a calling to all the people out there who have the power in their hands to shape the scene.
This is a calling to local club owners (particularly B018 and Basement, and if any future club's opening is on the horizon) and local event organizers (not the ones involved in getting international DJs) on behalf of a very significant Lebanese community of Trance, one whose weight and influence have been tried and tested on local dancefloors.
TranceHits.com is a media, and it is our moral duty as media to depict the scene's current and potential problems in hope of inspiring affirmative action from whomever is concerned.

Thank you for House, but the scene needs an equal amount of Trance.

I do hope to receive convincing answers to my questions, and even symptoms of forthcoming change, a change I do not hope for, ney demand.[/align]
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Trancelvania » Tue May 09, 2006 4:49 pm

Your are totally right DIO, I think you must give a bit more time for Trance to show up in clubs.
Even if you take house, 2 clubs are not enough at all...
When a club opens aiming EM as its main Music there's a 50% chance that this EM music will be toward House and the other 50% toward Trance, (And this depends on the DJs that applies for the job), for both B-018 and Basement, the chance was to have House.
I'm sure the next EM club that may open in Lebanon will have Trance as it's main music... (I heared one is opening soon)
Trancelvania
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby s u h a » Tue May 09, 2006 4:56 pm

Your message is pretty loud and clear... As is the demand for trance nights at major EM clubs such as B0 and Basement... Not much more to add to that, really

I do believe that it's high-time that you DJs go out there and make more of an initiative (and kindly pay attention to my choice of wording) to get noticed. A definite boost up the pedestal is Bassel's upcoming opening for K&P, and yes I do acknowledge that there is a difference between events and designated clubbing nights, but you TH DJs just need to twist arms (rationally, of course ;)) a little tighter out there.

If all works out, you'll be opening doors up for a) other DJs in the region, like Qulture, Hasan, and a host of other Arab DJs to perform more often in clubs of Lebanon (just as Amadeus has done so in Prana, Amman); and b) the launch of more heavy-weight EM-oriented clubs
Last edited by s u h a on Tue May 09, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Without sound, vibration and deep aesoteric musical meanderings, my universe is not." JAFAR
s u h a
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Tue May 09, 2006 4:56 pm

very interesting topic. As a trance lover, I'm disturbed by the lack of any local scene (outside our own bedrooms, cars and ipods). I am a big fan of house-mainly prog house and electro so therefore I'm able to really enjoy BO18 and Basement (in fairness to Basement, they do play quite a bit of techno and electro). However I was always curious as to why these two clubs, strictly dedicated to EDM, don't play trance. It cannot be a business decision: as you pointed out, most large venue (i.e. expensive tickets) events were trance events. This shows that trance lovers are willling to pay, and enjoy good music at good venues. I mean why do I have to dress up, spend $100 on barely a handful of drinks and hear 20min of trance (mainly Tiesto) mixed in with all kinds of crap at Crystal, Element and Pulse??? No offense to those places--which I also sometimes enjoy---but why not a whole trance night? Amadeus had a night in Centro which according to pics and reviews was a total success: musically, business wise, etc. Why does it have to be once in a blue moon? the only guess I have is owners don't like trance! But that's really narrow minded and hope that its false. I also really hope its not because they think trance is no longer "underground" enough (A word I hate more than the plague) because the scene in Europe, US, Turkey, etc. is just as fresh as house (or just as "overground" if you want). Bring on the trance!!! Anyway most clubs fit 200-300people so club owners: Post ur trance flyer on this website and ur guaranteed at least that many clubbers!!!!
Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby samer » Tue May 09, 2006 5:47 pm

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Moudy » Tue May 09, 2006 6:03 pm

House Music Washes Away From The Soul The Dust of Everyday Life
♫ 124 ~ 128 ♫

djmoudy@hotmail.com
www.myspace.com/djmoudy
www.cloud9beirut.com Every Friday & Saturday [ Resident DJ ]
Moudy
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Tue May 09, 2006 7:01 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Raneem » Tue May 09, 2006 7:07 pm

Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby umut » Tue May 09, 2006 7:32 pm

umut
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Proof » Tue May 09, 2006 7:53 pm

I'd agree with Raneem on this. Virgin could be a great gateway ... they barely have any good compilations. Other than that ... I'm pretty ticked off Lebanon doesn't have at least one dedicated club or night towards trance.

For god's sake ... we have it every single night, in one club or another!
Releases:
- Rodrigo Mateo - Carbon Monoxide (Praveen Achary Remix) [Baires Records]
- Alter Breed - Blue White (Praveen Achary Remix) [Spherax Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Butterflies [Mirabilis Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Pull My Legato [MakTub Music]
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby e-sam » Tue May 09, 2006 8:15 pm

Personally, I wouldnt blame the club owners. They know nothing but the green and if trance brings them $ they wouldnt hesitate for 1 minute. Sadly, trance in clubs doesnt attract as much people as R'n'B, Oriental, or Rap.

Education start with music stores & radio stations. DJ schools should include the different sides of music and not only the technical side. When proper education is established its VERY easy to dedicate a trance night in one of the clubs. Currently this is happening with R'n'B & hip hop with DJs spinning at specific clubs having their radio station support.
e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Icepick » Tue May 09, 2006 8:46 pm

Icepick
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby mzy » Tue May 09, 2006 9:09 pm

Minimal/Techno it is...
mzy
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Nesta » Tue May 09, 2006 9:11 pm

"Underground is where we live... "

Beirut In the Mix
T: + 961 3 734572
E: nabih@beirutinthemix.com
W: www.beirutinthemix.com
My Space: www.myspace.com/roninandnesta
You Tube: www.youtube.com/roninandnesta

NRJ Mastermix with Nesta every Friday @ 10 PM !
Nesta
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Next

Return to The Music Room