[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Trance in Lebanon

Trance in Lebanon

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed May 10, 2006 11:59 am

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby JayCM » Wed May 10, 2006 12:43 pm

You're absolutely right in everything you said Dio. I have been trying to answer you questions myself for some time now.

I guess a number of factors come into play concerning clubs NOT playing trance. Here are some answers i've come up with:

-The clubbers: it is true that B0 and Basement are EDM oriented. But from my recent nights out in basement, i can only notice that the people there are not as educated as you think (proof is that even on nights of most events, basement is full). They like the music, but a lot of them don't know a lot about it. And for this kind of people, house is far easier to absorb then trance.
----> Now, how to change that? Radio Stations, Virgin, More Forum PRing... It's all been said!

-The owners: their only concern is to make sure the people have a good time, and more importantly, that they make money out of the night (i don't blame them!). The fact that it happens that they don't really enjoy trance does not make it easier.
-----> Again, how do you change that? it is only us that can make them change their minds. We must show them that for example, basement on a trance night (thursday night) will make as much money as basement on a house night. This will be a hard thing to go, as people (around me) talk a lot in Beirut about how the so called 'house' clientele is a bourgeoisie one and 'trance' clientele is more ghetto/underground, less willing to pay.
We must give owners guarantees that they will make a respectable amount of money on trance nights.

-The clubs themselves: Ok, so we've all been there. What's with the tables taking the whole place? I think clubs should gradually shift from being table oriented to bar/dancefloor oriented. I say that because I have experienced such clubs (Peppermint Dubais my #1 example), and think that on trance nights, who of us here really wants to have to dance between a chair and the table with waiters/other clubbers squeezing their way pass you to get to their friend's table?
---->Only problem is that for such a shift to happen, the clubbers mentality would have to change to. After all, we ARE in superficial "mazaher" Lebanon. Just ask your non-raver friends if they're willing to go to a club, pay an entrance (maybe get a drink with it) and not have tables everywhere, rather few tables and big spaces to dance?

Now that IMO, we know the factors, we should start thinking about ways of dealing with them...
Missing the Lebanese raves!!!
JayCM
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed May 10, 2006 1:18 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby s u h a » Wed May 10, 2006 4:01 pm

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: YOU trance DJs need to get out there and promote yourselves. Do some PRing for your talents. And if you can't be bothered, pTq, Reemze, TRANCED, and myself (the diabolic quartet; with e-Sam, SamEr, samlbronkowitz, and the "Z"** as our mascotts :P) will go out there and do some PRing for you!

Get yourselves noticed... and that means you too, Mr. Dithyrambs

** You know who you are!
"Without sound, vibration and deep aesoteric musical meanderings, my universe is not." JAFAR
s u h a
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby coco » Wed May 10, 2006 4:45 pm

I would like to mention a point about clubs in Lebanon that may be of use for this topic.

From what I know, most clubs in Lebanon are run by Public Relations, by which clubs create their own "closed" clientele. And this clientele is more based on socio-economic status and friendships rather than tastes in music.

I will give the example of Basement. As you all know, Basement is the only Electro night club in Lebanon. And the owner (or manager) DJ Jade, had a very specific idea in mind when he opened the club, which is to promote Electro House, and educating his clientele to that kind of music.
I believe that is one of the main reasons for the success of Basement.

I have a lot more to say but I will put them in another post shortly!

Cheers
coco
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby JAD » Wed May 10, 2006 6:49 pm

JAD
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby s u h a » Wed May 10, 2006 7:38 pm

^ Walaw ya Jade? You lead the way, foo' :P
"Without sound, vibration and deep aesoteric musical meanderings, my universe is not." JAFAR
s u h a
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby coco » Wed May 10, 2006 9:20 pm

coco
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby JAD » Wed May 10, 2006 9:24 pm

JAD
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby coco » Wed May 10, 2006 9:34 pm

coco
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby JAD » Wed May 10, 2006 9:41 pm

JAD
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby coco » Wed May 10, 2006 9:43 pm

coco
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby s u h a » Wed May 10, 2006 11:14 pm

Coco: I like your attitude

Jad: you used one key term- EFFECTIVE!

This is going to consume a butt-load of devotion, time, and let's be frank here, expenditures, but I do believe some of us here are capable of just that.
s u h a
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby JAD » Thu May 11, 2006 12:20 am

JAD
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby samer » Thu May 11, 2006 12:40 am

^ exactly!
I find it so ridiculous how at Basement they go to the extent of playing R&B but they dont even bother to have a Trance night.. is R&B now EDM and Trance is not?! pfft..
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

PreviousNext

Return to The Music Room