[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - You opinion on my show...

You opinion on my show...

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

Re: You opinion on my show...

Postby ziz00_909 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:44 am

s it a coincidence that all those mentioned are French :P
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Nicktalopia » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:09 pm

1 genre dedicated episodes will certainly limit your listeners count to only the style being played, why go there when you can satisfy all different tastes in just 1 package, ever thought about shrinking the songs length to 3:00/4:30 ? Even tiesto did it.
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby samer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:52 pm

eventhough my input might be radical but this is what i would personally prefer:
have different styles mixed altogether (but not seperately) i.e dont start with techno go house then trance and so on.. instead fuse the genre and subgenre altogether to form one solid journey that will include different styles pleasing a larger number of fans while not bringing anyone to the edge of getting bored and losing interest. probably you would have to drop the harmonic mixing though which isnt a great loss IMO since nobody really cares of how harmonic your set is as long as it's good music!
PS: having a separate show for each style will def cause fans to quit since it would be harder to keep up with a show that would only play 1 episode of my music per month!
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby DIONYSOS » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:00 pm

I'm moving more and more away from the idea of one-genre-per-episode after gathering your opinions guys...

An alternative I'm thinking of is this: one episode with a "dark" feel spanning across all 3 genres, one episode with a "bright" feel spanning across all 3 genres, and repeat. What do you think of that for a change?
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Johnny » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:21 pm

please come back to the trancy Saleem I know? :P
Johnny
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby TranceFusion » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:54 pm

^ hahaha i'd love that too! :mrgreen:
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby crow » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:23 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Qulture » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:59 am

Noor ....... Zalam ..............
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Aleco » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:22 am

Diurnal...Nocturnal...
Aleco
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby Genesis » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:19 pm

^ Wahahahahaha!!! Aleco! Still alive?

Ah the memories... Dion had so many shows under so many sophisticated names that it really got hard to keep up.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Aleco » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:48 pm

Those tunes back then sounded different. Remember Dithyrambs??
Aleco
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:41 pm

Good memories! :D

Crow actually I think your idea is brilliant, I'll check with NRJ about that!

Everyone else - what do you think of "one episode with a "dark" feel spanning across all 3 genres, one episode with a "bright" feel spanning across all 3 genres, and repeat"?
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:15 pm

Dio, i think its brilliant that your letting your fellow mortals throw an input on what your show should be like!

To be honest, for quite a while I had a similar problem, and for those of us who enjoy different sounds and associate themselves with these sounds, they ultimately want to play all these sounds that define them. My problem, or shall I say blessing, was that I love proggie sounds alot, but they were not fitting in well with the dark vibe Kay-Ville sends out, so for a while I threw in random full-on proggie episodes, but then I noticed it was a bit strange going back to the dark shit completely the next week, so id transition into proggie from tech and backwards over several sets, but that also meant that if I say finished a set on a prog vibe, id try to open on a prog vibe the next set and shift to whatever I want from there. My solution was to get a full-on proggie show once a month (Aural Anarchy) were I'd let out all my happy stuff that I loved that month or so, and leave Kay-Ville to it's dark identity. That doesn't mean that I wont play the odd prog track on Kay-Ville, hell im always shifting between tech/house/prog/breaks/ambient/dub but now it can be done in a way that I feel more chillaxed me with.

It all goes down to how much time you have on your hands. If you can, I say it would be worth to look into running 2 shows, why not? Plus it will give you more exposure, and your objective of delivering well programmed sets that harmonize and sound great will have been achieved.

As Nick said: "hayda ra2yi, fakker fiya" XD

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Genesis » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:11 pm

Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Qulture » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:39 am

^

LOL ....

exactly ... !! Play what you feel is good music at the moment !

Or Play 99.6 !!

:oops:
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

PreviousNext

Return to The Music Room