[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
TranceHits.com • View topic - Sebastian Ingrosso rips off MGMT?

Sebastian Ingrosso rips off MGMT?

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

Sebastian Ingrosso rips off MGMT?

Postby Fawzi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:29 am

The names are similar, so I'm guessing there must be some kind of deal between them or somehting.. but still... that's exactly the same melody used!
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Re: Sebastian Ingrosso rips off MGMT?

Postby crow » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:53 am

You know, I used to react the same way whenever I found a similarity between works of various artists, but then I just thought to myself "I will accept the fact that there are thousands of artists out there who have no clue what other artists' styles and works sound like during the production phase, so it is not entirely their fault. I will also accept that the similarity could have been caused by influences and/or sample packs released on the internet regardless of the integrity and credibility and ethicality involved in copying someone else's work".

Really. No sarcasm intended. That's how I think right now.

I understand your concern, but I suggest we just move on. Thanks anyway for pointing it out.

You know what though? If tracks are somewhat sounding the same, it kinda helps me while DJ-ing to mash them up during a transition. Then the crowd would go like "woooaaahhh!!" :P

Just pointing out the brighter side of things here.
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Fawzi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Actually, I'm not concerned by it, it was really just pointing it out :p A friend told me about MGMT yesterday, so I thought I'd check them out on youtube this morning. I played the first song that popped up and I was reminded by Kidsos...

I don't really dig Ingrosso's work to be disappointed anyway.
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:06 pm

^kidsos is ingrosso's remix for MGMT's Kids! but changed the name i think..dunno..bs same track for sure..
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Return to The Music Room