[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - >> Simon Patterson Interview <<

>> Simon Patterson Interview <<

DJ biographies, discographies, and interviews.

Moderator: MODs

>> Simon Patterson Interview <<

Postby Roland » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:18 pm

A MUST READ INTERVIEW ! REALLY INTRESTING

Simon Patterson Is The UK Producer And DJ That Has Risen To Fame The Past Years, Mainly Due To Pounding Dogzilla Tracks. His First Release Under His Own Name Is F16 !

Trance.nu: Hi Simon, how’s life?
Simon: Really good thanks.!

Trance.nu: You just released a new track called F-16. We heard the audience was ducking and took cover during the breakdown. Was that your aim of the track?
Simon: Lol! Sort of! I just wanted it to be one of those stand out tracks in the night. Everyone will remember that sound so hopefully it will be an important track in many peoples sets!

Trance.nu: Seriously now, how did you come up with this F-16 theme?
Simon: I got the idea whilst i was on my honeymoon. I was lying on a beach listening to tracks on my headphones. I had my eyes closed and all of sudden in the middle of a breakdown i heard this mad noise. I opened my eyes and a jumbo jet was flying into land. It sounded really crazy. So i thought that would make a good breakdown. Its a fine line between being serious and a little corny. It was important to get all the elements of the track just right so it wasn’t only about the jet sample.

Trance.nu: There’s also a remix of Mac & Mac available. Is it strange for an artist to see his track remixed by others? Do you favor the remix?
Simon: No i think its important that your tracks are remixed. I like what Mac and Mac did. Interesting take. Works really well. Having heard there mix i think that maybe i should have had the jet sample as the track was building up out of the breakdown just before it kicked in. Maybe both at the start and the end of the breakdown. Mac & Mac are on fire. Both of them are unreal at what they do and i think were def the right people for the job.

Trance.nu: You are also one of the guys behind the Dogzilla alias. All Dogzilla tunes have been championed by the topjocks, as well as your remixes. What can we expect from Dogzilla?
Simon: We have just finished a remix for a guy called Emjay. The record is coming out on Perfecto and Be Yourself. We werent going to do anymore remixes this year but Oakenfold really wanted us to do it so we thought it was the right thing to do. Its by far the best remix we’ve done and a great step on from Without You. We have been working on the follow up to Without You too, although finding it very hard to get it right. Its so hard following up something that was successful as peoples expectations are so high. But we’ll get it right!! Also expect a remix on Vandit at some point this year too.

Trance.nu: You are also a DJ, seems like you are booked for Dance Valley. What can we expect?
Simon: Drilling tech trance with a slight uplifting tinge! For festivals you dont get long to do your thing so its important you come on with impact and really give people what they want.

Trance.nu: You are also good friends with Judge Jules. In what way are u working together?
Simon: I work for Jules during the week. He gets sent so many records that its virtually impossible for him to listening to everything on his own, so we share the responsibility. He listens to all the mp3s that he gets sent and i listen to all the cds and vinyl that gets sent. Every Thursday and Friday i will give him the best of whats come in that week. Its really good because it keeps me in the loop with whats going on in every area of dance. Its good to get ideas from people that arent just making trance music.

Trance.nu: What is your current top 5 records?
Simon: 1. Emjay – Stimulate – Dogzilla remix – Look out for it. Prodigy esque rock trance. 2. Greg Downey – Vivid Intent – this guy is on fire at the moment. One to watch for this year. Outstanding DJ too.
3. O’Callaghan & Kearney – Exactly – What more needs to be said about these two. An epic follow up to what was my favourite tune last year in Restricted Motion. Killer track.
4. Sean Tyas – Lift – Another guy whos smashing it at the moment, everything he touches seems to turn to gold. 5. Marc Van Linden – My way – stabby underground trance. Kicking!

Trance.nu: What do you think of the internet regarding to dancemusic?
Simon: The internet has good an bad points. For being able to get a track sent from half way across the world and then play it 10 minutes later is amazing! But the downside is all the illegal downloading. Theres no way of stopping it. Within the 1st week of the main mailout of F16 it was already on a message board for download?! What can you do about it. Happens to everyone.

Trance.nu: Thanks for your time and have a good flight!
Simon: Thanks alot for the support! ;o)
Roland
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby A.H. DeeJay » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:50 pm

Joe A.H.
A.H. DeeJay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Proof » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:53 pm

Releases:
- Rodrigo Mateo - Carbon Monoxide (Praveen Achary Remix) [Baires Records]
- Alter Breed - Blue White (Praveen Achary Remix) [Spherax Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Butterflies [Mirabilis Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Pull My Legato [MakTub Music]
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Roland » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:43 pm

Roland
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Proof » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:30 am

Releases:
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Tala » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:17 am

It's your life, DIVE it well!
Tala
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Proof » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:17 am

^ + 1

I can't wait to hear that Dogzilla remix. I've been a huge fan of Prodigy's work ... and anything related to their style is a huge thumbs up for me. Plus, I dont have to mention Sean Tyas work ... simply brilliant!
Releases:
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby 3aly » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:34 am

3aly
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Proof » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:18 am

Releases:
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby crow » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:46 am

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Return to The Library