Biography: Tom Colontonio

DJ biographies, discographies, and interviews.

Moderator: MODs

Biography: Tom Colontonio

Postby TranceFusion » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:28 am

[align=center]Image[/align]

Tom Colontonio has had music flowing through his veins since the age of 11. By age 14 Tom had already moved into the studio as a musician. For years Tom studied all types of musical genres from rock to classical but he soon found his true passion in dance music. In 1996 Tom picked up his first set of turntables and never looked back. Tom spent years as a DJ developing his technique and by late 1998 he was introduced the sound of trance music. Being a native of the Philadelphia region, Tom has played at some of the biggest parties and most prestigious clubs in the region. Tom has performed at events alongside artists such as NUNRG, Marco V, John O’Callahan, Sean Tyas, Simon Patterson, Cosmic Gate, Mark Norman, Infected Mushroom, Activa, Andy Moor, Filo & Peri, Marco Picotto and more.

As a producer Tom has found himself at the forefront of the global revolution of dance music. After getting his start as a producer a little over 3 years ago Tom has now entered into the industry as an artist that is receiving acclaim from artists all over the globe. Tom has now signed over 20 tracks to labels across the world and has new releases forthcoming for the rest of 2007 and beyond. Recently Tom has been working on productions with other artists such as Sean Tyas, Activa, John O’Callahan, John Askew and more.

Tom’s recent productions have been receiving praise and support from artists such as Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Sean Tyas, John Askew, Activa, John O’Callahan, John O’bir, Will Holland and more. Many of Tom’s productions are set to release on labels such as Drizzly, Mondo, Enhanced, Well Mixed, Metallic, Bonzai, Alter Ego to name a few. Now armed and loaded as an artist on both Discover Records and Conspiracy Recordings this year looks to be the break out year for Tom as a world wide recording producer in dance music. Look out for Tom’s latest productions and tour dates for 2007 and beyond.

Discography
-Tom Colontonio – Suspect
-Artexx - Serious Truth
-Tom Colontonio – Oxidize
-Tom Colontonio – Paradigm Shift
-Tom Colontonio – Tides
-Tom Colontonio – Illuminate
-Tom Colontonio – Maximizer
-Tom Colontonio – Faceplant
-DJ Tommyboy – The Insider
-DJ Tommyboy – Onyx
-Tom Colontonio – Rounder
-Tom Colontonio – Standard Intuition
-DJ Tommyboy - Twister
-Tom Colontonio – Twister
-DoubleAgents feat. Aruna – Electrified
-Activa vs Tom Colontonio - Enlighten
-Tom Colontonio – Astral
-DJ Tommyboy – Expire
-Drama – Basement Atmosphere
-DJ Tommyboy – Epoch / Slider / Sunrise
-DJ Tommyboy – AOL
-TBM feat. Cheryl Lynn – Blue Skies
-TBM – Timewalker / Love is NRG / Coastal Shining

Remixography
-Jon O'bir - Ways & Means (TBA for 2008)
-Sly One vs Jurrane – Timebomb
-Kyo & Gil – Ultima
-Kris O’neil & Daniel Kandi – Back Home
-AB Project – Misconceptions
-Terk Dawn – Barent Blue
-Solarstone – Seven Cities
-Krivi – Autumn Shores
-Tetrazone – Glorious Night
-Tom DeColita – Epileptica
-Mr Pit – Blue Velvet
-Kamil Polner – Earth Protector
-Lawrence Palmer – Streamline (Remix with Activa)
-ID – Firestorm
-Yans – For Magdi With Love
-DJ Manolo - Blue Haze
-Mixin Marc – Sexual Thing
-Russ Castella – Angel Eyes

Official Website http://www.djtommyboy.net/
MySpace Profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... id=3401296
Interview for TranceSound.net http://www.trancesound.net/divershtml/n ... tonio.html
Last edited by TranceFusion on Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Fawzi » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:49 am

You forget his remix of Solar Stone-Seven Cities
I should've expected you have to something to say about him, you uplifting freak! :mrgreen:
Great producer, great rise in 2007
Thx for the biography
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:25 am

Haha :mrgreen:
Thx for 7 Cities! I'll add it to the discography. He's one of the very few to have a top10 of only uplifting tracks, or maybe i should say, a top10 of melodic tracks (prog, uplifting, vocal). He said it in an interview somewhere... i forgot what website.
Oxidize is definitely topping my favorite tracks of 2007. Suspect has been released and is also a promising hit! The guy's been producing for a short time compared to others, and has already a massive discography! I think that only Sean Tyas is more active :lol:
Indeed great rise of this year, and could vote for him as the best new face in the Trance Awards, but i chose Nitrous Oxide for an obvious reason :P
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Return to The Library