M.I.K.E aka Push

DJ biographies, discographies, and interviews.

Moderator: MODs

M.I.K.E aka Push

Postby e-sam » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:24 pm

M.I.K.E. is Mike Dierickx. Formerly known as Dirk Dierickx…
He lives in Belgium around the area of Antwerp.
In 2000 he decided to change his real name from Dirk to Mike.
Mike quotes: "When I started to dj at the age of 16, i used the name Dj Mike as my artist name…later on it changed into my producers name M.I.K.E., and that's why I decided to make it my real name…"

He produces under the name M.I.K.E. , and also started to DJ under this alias. M.I.K.E is releasing records under the guises; Solar Factor, M.I.K.E, The Blackmaster, Return Of The Native, Plastic Boy …and last but not least, Push.
As a dj,Mike’s style is very similar to the music he makes, techy- edged on a progressive trance tip. M.I.K.E is at the forefront of Europe's new sound, regularly topping charts in several leading countries.
The story began when an 11 year old boy discovered the potential of samplers and keyboards...
A kid who preferred knobs and backlight displays instead of playing in kindergardens.
At the age of 18, Mike handed his first demo tape to the Antwerp based record company, 'USA Import'. Shortly after, his first record, 'Vision Act' was released on the Atom label in 1992. Mike released a series of successful records before he signed up with Lightning back in 1996.

M.I.K.E's reputation shot through the roof, and although a commercial crossover had never been anticipated, in 1998 'Universal Nation' took the world by storm, winning several dance awards, and undoubtedly being recognized as one of the classic dance-records of the trance era. Pole positions in the worldwide dance charts were soon putting the Belgian dance scene firmly on the map.His Push follow up single, 'Strange World', destroyed hundreds of clubs across Europe, in the same vein as 'Universal Nation'. This was followed by yet another blockbuster, 'The Legacy' once again topping all dance charts across Europe and entering the British National charts at #21. Over the years Mike received several music awards including best club singles and best dance-producer,and entered 6 times the national top 40 in the UK.
Mike also teamed up and did rmxs for Sinead 'O Connor,Moby,Mauro Piccoto,Bom Funk Mc's,Oliver Lieb,Ian Van Dahl…
This kind of success did not go unnoticed, as M.I.K.E. was asked to DJ at some of the best venues in the world, including: 'Gatecrasher' and 'Godskitchen' in the UK,'Fura' and 'Vel Farre' in Japan, 'Massive and 'Trance Energy' in Holland,'Limelight' U.S. and the Berlin Love Parade…are a few to mention…

In 1999 he decided to start-up his own label,and Scanner-Records was born…
The music stands for minimal electric dance.
Scanner got a backup from the likes of Steve Lawler,Marco V,Timo Maas...
More info can be found on www.scanner-records.be

Recently Mike teamed up for a fashionable new imprint called “Club Elite “ with Armada Music.
4 releases a year…with a close eye to the seasons.
More info info can be found on www.club-elite-records.com

And with the dawn of the progressive Tech and Trance era, you can expect to see M.I.K.E at the very front,leading the way.

Diabokua is M.I.K.E's latest secret projects, which was released on Feb. 9th, 2004.

M.I.K.E: "One of my new spin-offz online now! I worked 2 years on this project in silence. R&B/pop/electro flava... Check out on ww.diabokua.be and see the MTV /TMF banned video clip online!!"

M.I.K.E's website: http://www.mike.be
e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DIONYSOS » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:46 pm

M.I.K.E. is da man! he's definetly one my favorite producers today, and i c a huge future for this guy... i think he is ahead of his time, just as Tiesto and Ferry were back in their days, and i can clready c Trance evolving with this guy just as it did with them
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby The Phoenician » Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:30 pm

I've met him in person a few times and he's really a nice guy. He's been in the scene since many years now. Most of his older stuff isn't that known but it's really worth the listen since he's made numerous amazing tracks. Best producer ever for me. He has his own typical sound but never bores. Plus he's always a step ahead in experimenting with new styles of dance/electro music.
I asked him once if he wants to spin in Lebanon some day and he was enthousiastic about it but it depends if they ask him or not. He wants to come. So we just have to find somebody who wants to book him...
The Phoenician
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:01 pm

MIKE in leb would b a dream come true... so if there r any booking agents in here, work ur asses! this guy is pure quality!
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Dreamboy » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:54 pm

I've liked M.I.K.E ever since i listened to "The Legacy" ... I hope we see him one day in Lebanon :)
[url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/dreamboy.htm]:d: :r: :e: :a: :m: :b: :o: :y: :exclamation:
[/url]
Dreamboy
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Return to The Library