[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Sometimes.. We truly forget that kind of love....

Sometimes.. We truly forget that kind of love....

Talk about anything on your mind in here!

Moderator: MODs

Sometimes.. We truly forget that kind of love....

Postby crow » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:39 pm

One of the most touching short films I have watched:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNK6h1dfy2o

Sometimes we're too caught up with life that we forget to love them back :(
I will admit that I cried watching this short film. And that's because I make these stupid mistakes.

This is merely a wake up call to any of us out there...
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Icepick » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:25 pm

I loved it ! touched me very deeply!
once upon a time there was a boy that was born to make a change in this cruel world of mortals. this boy became a man and this man became old and died. thats about it..
Icepick
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:59 pm

Indeed VERY touching! Crow it's not always because we're too caught up with life, some people are just born this way and even if they spend their days doing nothing they still act like this towards their closest family/relatives/friends. Big thanks for sharing this mate :)
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby ram12 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:01 am

It's indeed the most touching short film I've seen.

Thanks for sharing that mate :)
ram12
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby J & N » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:09 am

5 *

Thanks for the share!
www.myspace.com/jubaandnelson

----
In Prog We Trust

"Don't give up, really. I thought my taste in music was the best in the world." Nick Warren, on starting DJing
J & N
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby crow » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:27 am

You're all welcome guys :)

The conversation that took place in the film is sort of debatable. The way the father is trying to deliver the message to his son is almost the same as what a child would do. Which does not make sense. But then again, it simply means he got old. I face that with my parents just like any other son/daughter would.

The reality is, the father tried to bring back a very happy memory of himself and his son. He got nostalgic in other words and wanted to remind his son of that beautiful moment they had many years back. And it's touching to see that he was patient with his son regardless of the change in times.

It touches me so much to see the son regret what he just did to his father (which is disrespect) and hug him so tightly then kiss him on the forehead. I have, unfortunately, done this to my parents. It seems that we have grown inpatient of our parents' behaviours, even though some times they sure know how to get on our nerves.

The idea of the film is debatable though, since it sort of depicts the famous move our parents make on us which is the "guilt trip".

Here are some comments from my friends over Facebook:

Person 1:
"This movie fails miserably in showing the reality of such situation. There is no way on earth you can justify a little boy's way of questioning things to the way that old fart -who clearly is still able to think and wise enough to share that memory with his kid- tries to annoy his son just to prove a silly flowed point!

When my 5 years old son runs around the house shouting "baba" seven billion times, I will understand that he still is a fucking child, but when we both are adults and I'm still able to think without having a disease of some sort I would be a fucking fool to act like a kid just to prove a useless point in that manner.

This movie is well shot, nice try in camera art and music, but this "feel-sorry-for-nothing" type of stuff is just ridiculous. Each and everyone of us young generation should be ready to not do what that old man did, it is wrong, adults don't do that shit on purpose, not until they have a real reason, be it brain damage of some sort.

If you want your old son to respect you, try talking to him like an adult, be rational in your thoughts and wise enough to not annoy the shit out of your kids when you know it is possible to just simply talk to them."

Person 2:
"well I thought it was touching but by all means excuse me for not being cynical enough.
i dunno, maybe the old man was faking dementia (or maybe he really was just senile) just to prove a point or to test his son's patience with him for when he will eventually become that way. i just think its sad that its somehow socially acceptable to bite your elderly parents head off but the social services get on ur ass if u do that to ur child !"

Person 1:
"Disrespect to the elderly is a whole problem on its own, and I agree with you Saba that it is kind of unfair the way it goes.

But what this man did in that "dreamy-fake" story is that he just annoyed his son; I mean that old man is still walking, his brain is still functioning well enough hence him giving his son some sort of a wise lesson, in other words he is not disabled mentally nor his body is badly ill.

I could guess that if the old man shouted with pain his son would run helping him, but instead, the movie maker blindly wants you to believe that what the son did is wrong!

But I'm confident that this is not a way to teach your "old" children lessons in life, faking or intentionally annoying someone to test them is morally wrong in every way put.

It's like me coming to you and tapping on your shoulder for 5 minutes, then when you get annoyed I blame it on you! If you were a kid I would just ignore, but if you are old enough I would slap the shit out of you.

This movie on the form I watched it in right here is absoultly misleading and useless, it fools you into reprimanding yourself for a mistake that is not actually there. You feel sorry for the old man then you blame it on the son for a normal act done by his son when he was just a child!

They are sitting together, enjoying a nice day, both of them are mentally aware of what they are doing, they both have warm hearts (hugs at the end), and they both can talk to each other like men, why would that old guy stupidly annoy his son then make him feel guilty for being a freaking CHILD!! Is that old man actually saying that he is a child?!"

Person 2:
"Good Point. but then frm the movie making perspective...a senile old man would get shouted at and wouldnt have the sense to bring out a diary that proved the hypocricy,
he would get shouted at and then... end. unless maybe the son came to find the diary on his own after shouting at his senile old dad... maybe that would be more powerful... but also so very depressing"

Interesting...

I'd like to hear your opinions out on this film guys :)
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby bxtreme » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:02 am

Either way, that kid got PWNED! :mrgreen:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
bxtreme
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:58 pm

* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***