EvE Online!!

Everything related to computer hardware, software, internet and webdesign.

Moderator: MODs

EvE Online!!

Postby Night Stalker » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:07 am

Was wondering howmany nerds are out there like meh?

so this game has been out since 2004.. so it's quite old, however, i just got introduced to it a few months ago.

and damn.... its one of the most unique ideas ever created for a game (if you can call it a game).

check out these two videos for starts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs_nDw1J ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYEaPLCC ... re=related

some key features and attributes of the game:

1. The game has the highest learning curve known to mankind so its not for the faint hearted.... you could play it for years and still be a total noob.

2. There are Wikipedia websites just dedicated for it with over 10,000 articles yes you read it right 10,000 articles just to explain how the different ships/mechanics/politics etc.. of the game works.

3. its an MMO meaning you are playing with/against real players.

4. One Universe only with thousands of players from all around the world competing for control over space.

5. Most unique advancing (leveling) system that i have witnessed so far. It caters perfectly towards the busy individuals. Your skills train in REALTIME. This that you do not need to be even logged on for your character to advance skills, matter of fact if you played the game for 10 hours vs. you slept for 10 hours your character will train the same amount of skills.

6. The most intense political system ever created, and its basically all player made where intergalactic wars can last for years in real time!

7. most of the players are of the mature crowds after 3+ months of playing i have not met a single person under the age of 21.

8. endless erray of ships some that you can buy and hop on since you play for the first time, others are Titanic ones that need years to train the skills enough to operate and an alliance of at least 800 members to chip in for its costs!

anyways, wondering if any nerds outthere would be interested :P
Last edited by Night Stalker on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
BEATS PER MINUTE OFFICIAL CRACK FIEND.
its about time to set the BPM ON FIRE.....

"It wasn't God that did this to us man, it was you... you fucking fat narcotics agent!"

Have you watched: "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on WEED man?"
Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:10 am

Im wondering how many people got to programming this one! and better yet, who wrote the storylines!

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Nicoco » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:28 pm

should'nt there be a server reset every year or so? these games are so damn addictive!!
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere
Nicoco
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Nicoco » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:29 pm

oh and it would be nice to have a link to check it out :)
Nicoco
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Night Stalker » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:56 pm

https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/?aid=1 ... &nogreet=1

you can download a free 3-week trial... but be warned as i said, it will probably take you at least 3-weeks just to learn what the basic interface buttons do.

:lol:

"It wasn't God that did this to us man, it was you... you fucking fat narcotics agent!"

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Nicoco » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:22 pm

just watched the preview....it's amazing!!!! are the graphics the same during gameplay?

Edit: i saw these requirements on the website

Windows

* CPU: Intel Pentium ™ III 800 MHz or AMD Athlon 800 MHz
* RAM: 512 MB or more
* HD space: 6.0 GB
* Network: 56k modem or better Internet connection
* Video: 32 MB 3D graphics card. 2 Series or greater, ATi Radeon 7200 or greater
* Drivers: DirectX ™ 9.0c (included) and latest video drivers

i guess this answers my question :lol:
Nicoco
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:50 pm

HD space: 6.0 GB

Yeah ... um , not gonna happen!!

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby e-sam » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:22 pm

I've tried this game before & honestly I didn't like it. It needs a lot of dedicated time to "LEARN" how to start & not how to play. How to play needs more dedicated time & mastering it needs probably a year or so. FFS the introduction plus character customization took more than 30 minutes (reading the stuff & picking professions, racial characteristic etc...) Sorry my tolerance is not that long so if the game isn't user (or better NOOB) friendly I wouldn't hesitate to uninstall. I am sure one day someone will offer an online course(s) to learn Eve Online.

I am currently sunk deep in World of Warcraft & I sometimes play Warhammer Online "Age of Reckoning" (European version). The last has super graphics and the best PvP system.

This is nothing! World of Warcraft is over 12 GB (Original, BC expansion & WoTLK expansion) & Warhammer Online is around 12 GB.
e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby silver_edge » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:41 pm

lol,does any1 know an online game called OGAME? if not ...ur missin a lot,its the most addictive online game ive ever played... try www.ogame.org
be careful though,once u play it(and u have an actual idea how 2 play it) ull never quit...
Underground will live forever baby,were just like roaches...Live forever,never die
silver_edge
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby Night Stalker » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:38 pm

Nicoco wrote:just watched the preview....it's amazing!!!! are the graphics the same during gameplay?

Edit: i saw these requirements on the website

Windows

* CPU: Intel Pentium ™ III 800 MHz or AMD Athlon 800 MHz
* RAM: 512 MB or more
* HD space: 6.0 GB
* Network: 56k modem or better Internet connection
* Video: 32 MB 3D graphics card. 2 Series or greater, ATi Radeon 7200 or greater
* Drivers: DirectX ™ 9.0c (included) and latest video drivers

i guess this answers my question :lol:

yes the graphix are the same during gameplay.

the reason that the system requirements are low is that you can adjust the graphix massively.

P.S. dude are u seriously complaining about 6.0 GB of space? what kind of PC have u got? there are IPODs with more HD space than your pc it seems, get a job and get an upgrade u noob :p
Last edited by Night Stalker on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Night Stalker » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:44 pm

e-sam wrote:I've tried this game before & honestly I didn't like it. It needs a lot of dedicated time to "LEARN" how to start & not how to play. How to play needs more dedicated time & mastering it needs probably a year or so. FFS the introduction plus character customization took more than 30 minutes (reading the stuff & picking professions, racial characteristic etc...) Sorry my tolerance is not that long so if the game isn't user (or better NOOB) friendly I wouldn't hesitate to uninstall. I am sure one day someone will offer an online course(s) to learn Eve Online.

I am currently sunk deep in World of Warcraft & I sometimes play Warhammer Online "Age of Reckoning" (European version). The last has super graphics and the best PvP system.

This is nothing! World of Warcraft is over 12 GB (Original, BC expansion & WoTLK expansion) & Warhammer Online is around 12 GB.

loool Esam u nerd.... i played Warhammer Online since closed-Beta bro, but canceled my account 1.5 months ago! After playing Dark Ages of Camelot by mythic since 1999... WAR ended up not being half the game that DAOC was, not to mention the community was horrible alot of players were X-WoW players that were no fun to kill at all, and have no clue other than zerging, ran with a 6-man group with quite a few X-DAOC players and we just demolished 2-4 times our numbers with ease and zero deaths... so i ended up quitting it and picked up EvE instead!

and you are right about EvE i said so in my original post, would take about 2 weeks just to learn the basic interface and the most successful alliance GoonSwarm has a wikipedia with more than 10,000 articles in it.. it is intense, but you don't have to be know it all to be successful in the game, within a week you can have enough skills to play a vital role in a PvP fleet if you want!

and once u get going in terms of the learning curve, oh boy the game is massively rewarding 8)
Last edited by Night Stalker on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Night Stalker » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:53 pm

double post and have no clue how to delete it

:oops:

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:04 pm

dude are u seriously complaining about 6.0 GB of space?

haha yea man my laptop and external HDs are all full , mp3s ofcourse (and alot of series and stuff)! Out of around 700GB I have like 12GB free. So yea, I have huge space issues!

[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Night Stalker » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:15 pm

[IN]Head-Kay wrote:
dude are u seriously complaining about 6.0 GB of space?

haha yea man my laptop and external HDs are all full , mp3s ofcourse (and alot of series and stuff)! Out of around 700GB I have like 12GB free. So yea, I have huge space issues!

get an external harddrive and move some of your MP3s there (since it wouldn't matter for music, whereas it would ding a game's performance greatly if you play it from an external drive), they are pretty cheap nowaddays.... problem solved :P

and yeah, i think the trial version is about 150mb download only, so you can do that for now.

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby e-sam » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:12 pm

silver_edge wrote:lol,does any1 know an online game called OGAME? if not ...ur missin a lot,its the most addictive online game ive ever played... try www.ogame.org
be careful though,once u play it(and u have an actual idea how 2 play it) ull never quit...

Web browser games are peanuts compared to the games mentioned above. I have tried them before and I got addicted (for a while) to Travian ( www.travian.com ) but then I gave up on the whole style of web based games.

Night Stalker wrote:loool Esam u nerd.... i played Warhammer Online since closed-Beta bro, but canceled my account 1.5 months ago! After playing Dark Ages of Camelot by mythic since 1999... WAR ended up not being half the game that DAOC was, not to mention the community was horrible alot of players were X-WoW players that were no fun to kill at all, and have no clue other than zerging, ran with a 6-man group with quite a few X-DAOC players and we just demolished 2-4 times our numbers with ease and zero deaths... so i ended up quitting it and picked up EvE instead!

and you are right about EvE i said so in my original post, would take about 2 weeks just to learn the basic interface and the most successful alliance GoonSwarm has a wikipedia with more than 10,000 articles in it.. it is intense, but you don't have to be know it all to be successful in the game, within a week you can have enough skills to play a vital role in a PvP fleet if you want!

and once u get going in terms of the learning curve, oh boy the game is massively rewarding

IMO Warhammer Online is better in PvP than WoW. Yesterday I was pvping on WoW and got SOOOOO pissed why? Because a lvl 49 rogue killed my lvl 48 shaman in 1 hit EVERYTIME we meet on battlefield. I checked with others and guild to find out why this is happening. The answer was trinkets & epic equips. So I asked how to get them and the answer was you cant if you don't have a lvl 80. In other words new players cannot PvP in WoW because they either don't have a lvl 80 to sugar mama their lvl 49 with epic enchants/equip or they are poor to buy the buyable ones at 1000's of gold.

So I can safely say I enjoyed Warhammer PvP MUCH more than WoW PvP because it is BALANCED. WoW PvP balances when everyone hits 80 so everyone has same lvl of enchants (lvl 80) unlike lvl 49 where the ones am facing have a lvl 80 enchants (its like cheat mode is turned on for them).

I haven't tried DAoC is it good? GOA (my European provider) are advertising it heavily on their website http://www.war-europe.com

If it has super PvP system like WAR and a good atmosphere I don't mind buying and trying it out.

P.S: For those who want to try Warhammer Online you can now get a 10 days trial period from the website I mentioned above.
e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Multimedia