Sasha - Xpander (Deconstruction Records)

Tributes to the masterpieces that shaped today's sound, yesterday.

Moderator: MODs

Sasha - Xpander (Deconstruction Records)

Postby A-Cube » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:41 pm

Back to 1999 to an era of epic sounds...so many huge productions and compilations...how about a mixture of progressive house and progressive trance??

Deconstruction is a label founded in 1987 by Mike Pickering and Keith Blackhurst...and its rich discography includes the likes of Sasha Robert Miles and Dave Clarke...
[align=center]
Image[/align]

Do I even need to introduce Sasha??I think not :mrgreen: ...
[align=center]
Image[/align]

Perhaps one of the biggest names that will ever emerge on the electronic scene Sasha (real name: Alexander Coe) has always rocked EM freaks with his productions and compilations...I know most of you consider Xpander as one of the greatest trance anthems (or progressive house for a fact) ever so we can't but review it in this section...

A unique intro with heavy background elements kicks off the track...afterwards the subtle melody introduces the bass-line gradually...energy and raw power can qualify this bass-line...enriched with a beautiful melody the breakdown comes up later...but nothing seems to interrupt the track's flow... truly an out of this world track...when it got released it appeared on over a dozen compilations and is still highlighted when any big name in the industry decides to make a classic compilation...

You can listen to the clip under here via Youtube

[flash width=425 height=344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLmOHfjLVWM[/flash]
Last edited by A-Cube on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malaria's official Facebook group!

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

A world exclusive: V-Mix shows his artistic side

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Re: Sasha - Xpander (Deconstruction Records)

Postby samer » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:20 pm

A-Cube wrote:Back to 1999 to the peak of the true trance sound...

ya3ne you started the review with a huge mistake!! :P
although this might not be the proper place to discuss this topic but i cant but to stand and defend trance (sorry Alain)

1999 was not the peak of the true trance sound, it was the start of it!! pre 1999 there was only few successful productions along with many attempts to reach the true sound!

Sasha actually drifted from trance sound towards house as he's now a full on house DJ! though Trance keeps on evolving and no1 can say for sure when is the peak but surely not something in the near future!

getting back to the topic, this is one of the few Sasha's productions that i actually like! it was great when it first got released and surely still lives on until today!

thank you Mr. A to the Cube for the good memories ;)
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby A-Cube » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:38 pm

I forgot how controversial this phrase could be :mrgreen: ...

I'll edit it out of objectivity though it is my truthful opinion :P ...
Malaria's official Facebook group!

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

A world exclusive: V-Mix shows his artistic side

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Qulture » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:57 am

lol ... you can say whatever you want man ...

but truly ... Xpander is really one of the top 10 tracks of all time ... akhh .. such good memories !!
Searching Where There is Nothing to Find ....
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:29 am

I still play it...
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Return to Classic Of The Week