// Some one has to speak out Loud //

Any suggestions on how to improve TranceHits.com?
Need any help on TranceHits.com?

Moderator: MODs

Postby Shy--Ism » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:12 pm

okay everyone!!! stop complaining from both sides! :P It is like repeating the same paragraph giving the same point of view!!
and btw why few members are saying that Mods aren't responsable over TH...okay i agree maybe sometimes some of the Mods lose control with dealing somethin inside the forum , but i don't see a problem with Dionysos and zooz , they are doing a nice job! And as for the recent Mods i can't judge anyone cuz currently i wasn't *up-to-date* with everything inside this forum : school and studies took a lot of time!!!
I just want to clarify somethin that i agree on ""some"" points mentionned above.....but also there are points that i disagree, one of them about banning incative users , and i don't think this is fair.
And plzzz members for the good of TH don't take this toooo serious and personal :)...
The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Dreamboy » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:32 pm

For those who are interested:
Concerning my overall activity in this forum: 1st of all, i'm not a mami-papi type boy who relies on his parent's support, coz a person of my age should be ashamed for that, and not for having 1 PC at home. I work 10 to 14 a day to cover up my expenses, including education (not to mention i also go to the gym), which leaves me with with little leisure time. As a founding member of this site, and with the agreement of the other crew members, i think i deserved the position as a Mod, where back then my old job at an internet cafe helped me alot. But now i can't go on sacrificing all my valuable free time on this site, and that shouldn't mean i don't care at all. Yes, i'm not as active as the other crew members, becuz my circumstances don't let me, but i do always contribute as much as i can. If u guys are blind enough to see the topics i moderate (usually anouncing them in smaller letters), or the occasional reviews (with legal samples), or all the other topics and replies which i make (to the topics which interest me, as any other member would do), thats ur problem.
And if i recently had some severe problems with my PC, which cost me alot, and which obliged me to to cut off some expenses such as my internet connection, is that a crime?
I'm not saying that i'm the only on busy around here, coz i know everyone has alot to do, but yet they are doing as much they can. And also I'm not defending my mod position, coz in the end i consider a mod no different than anyone else, and as all caring and concerned loyal members, we are all here to have fun, share ideas, be a part of a wonderful community, and finally and most importantly, spread the music that brought us here. All of that are already fullfilled ;)
As to the other points, i guess Samer and Dio clearly clarified them all and nothing should be added ;)
[url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/dreamboy.htm]:d: :r: :e: :a: :m: :b: :o: :y: :exclamation:
[/url]
Dreamboy
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Roland » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:47 pm

^If You Dont Have Alot Of time, Then leave The Position. You Guys Are Saying That Being A Mod Needs Alot Of Time And Effort,, And This Guy Is Saying That He Doesn't Have Alot Of Time, Then Drop It.. Obviously Your Not Doing Your Job To A Full Extent, And If you Try To, You Wont Have The Time.
Roland
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby wael » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:32 am

I agree on all the above mentioned reasons. I also used to feel like am entering to my second home…with my Trance Family, but now when I join and I see 150 new msgs everyday…I Used to feel excited while reading all the members’ posts…but unfortunately NOT ANYMORE!

me 2

well i guess TH is a gr8 site but needs a few modification!! the posts should not be counted as hani said coz lots of members will post anything just to show that they are active!!

i don't have more comments!!
wael
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:34 am

Listen people, we are willing to discuss anything related to the forum, but some issues like promoting or demoting a MOD are internal affairs that we alone as crew handle. This is the way we run things here because this is the way we see best to run a forum, and that vision comes from years of experience in other forums. Steve is one of the founders of this community and his recent absence is fully justifiable, and so I am hoping to see that his reply seals the issue related to his MOD performance, an issue we strongly mark with a red line. You are free to express whatever concerns you have, but you are in no way permitted to ask a MOD to step down, period.
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby habib » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:16 am

but you are in no way permitted to ask a MOD to step down, period.

ofcourse i think that roland didn t meen it
habib
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby habib » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:19 am

but you are in no way permitted to ask a MOD to step down, period.

100% right
If You Dont Have Alot Of time, Then leave The Position. You Guys Are Saying That Being A Mod Needs Alot Of Time And Effort,, And This Guy Is Saying That He Doesn't Have Alot Of Time, Then Drop It..

roland we are not in a war we can t talk like this.come on we are sharing difference opinion related to the forum evolution between friends
habib
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Johnny » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:56 am

to be honest it's so saddening to see such accusations being thrown on all of us as a consequence of assumptions and hasty conclusions that took all of you "abandoned, unfairly treated" people to nowhere. I clearly get your message now and I seriously don't know how each and every one of you will live with the situation, now that the "chairman and CEO" of this "company" has "promoted" someone else than yourself.

let me put it this way: if I was a true encourager for EDM and especially trance music on this website, would I seek ANYTHING else but increasing my post count and then (suppose this works on post counts) become a MOD just to have the prestige of it that many of you are after? Ask yourself why do you seek to be a MOD in the first place and why are you mad and turning the world upside down if you haven't been promoted to a MOD? why are you interfering is something that is NONE of your business?

let's have a quick look on the forum :

The rich reviews for events and releases that Dio are providing us with, to the reviews and pics section that has been created lately to show how Lebanon is truly improving on the worldwide EDM scene and for how much we love to party and go out and spread the love for the music.
The Jukebox, the music room , the library, etc...
Every single section which is important and maybe other ones could be less important (fun,lounge,etc...), I may spend hours counting the benefits from the different aspects of this forum but this is not the point.
the point is: if everything was going alrite and everything was under control (except small human mistakes that are quickly fixed later on) and everyone was so cheerful and participating in all the different topics, would I care if I was going to be promoted to a MOD? would I care if one of the MODs was active or not? would I cause a huge fuss if a MOD had 500 posts , 600, 1000, 100000?????? the answer is NO! and of course not my dear friend Roland. This whole forum is based on quality and not quantity. I do not seek 1000000 posts and I do not seek to be a MOD either. I was asked to do the job after a staff meeting for the crew (and yes e-sam and other MODs knew about it in case you didn't notice it yet) and I was very glad to accept this uneasy (yes you read it right) task to help my fellow friends have a stronger grip on the situation. I was honored to have Genesis as a new MOD also because of his many qualities that most of you "candidates" don't have. don't ask me to tell you those qualities because sometimes the truth hurts and it eventually it might hurt you to know that he has something that YOU don't have.

lesson of the day: RESPECT YOURSELF and respect everyone here who is trying to make TH.com a better place.

.... and oh yeah (to those who haven't learned this lesson yet): mind your own business!
Johnny
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby 3aly » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:21 am

Johnny wrote: because of his many qualities that most of you "candidates" don't have. don't ask me to tell you those qualities because sometimes the truth hurts and it eventually it might hurt you to know that he has something that YOU don't have.

Dude, chill the FUCK out, and stop taking this personally. No-one said anything bout your qualities, What Roland meant was that the efforts put by some of the members here exceed ur your efforts.
Last edited by 3aly on Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
3aly
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby 3aly » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:23 am

And if u have beef with any of the "candidates", then mention they're name, just like we had a problem with some of the members here, and actually DID mention thier name!
3aly
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Roland » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:16 am

Dio As Hasneez Said Please Dont Take This Personal , And For The 10th Time We Didnt Make This Topic To BE MODS ! We're Not Asking To BE MODS , All What We Wanted About The Mods Point Is To Have A Fair Vote , Where There Will Be Candidates And All Users Will Vote For 2 Or 1 Whatever The Administration Needs !
And Yes If We No Problem About Gen Beeing A MOD , This Guy Has Been Active From The Beginning , Posting Events/New Releases .... The GUY Deservs IT !
Btw Please Man Dont Talk About The Post Counts We Actually We're Not Intrested In The Post Count To Have Better Ranks ( New Trancer , Trance Freak....) But Post Counts Shows You How Much You've Been Active On The Forum And Shows That You've Been Here For A Long Time Giving All Your Effort And All You Can For The TH Community !
You Guys Mods/Admins Are Not The Only Ones Who Are Working To Make The Forum A Better Place , We All Do And You Guys Knows That ! And If One Day All These Precious Members Left , It Will Be A BIG LOSS Fo TranceHits Wich No Ones Wants That :)
CHEERS Mates ! Long Live TH
Roland
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby habib » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:25 pm

And If One Day All These Precious Members Left , It Will Be A BIG LOSS Fo TranceHits Wich No Ones Wants That

it s gone to far come on guyz no one has to leave and let s put conclusion on this topic and end it.
i think that mods will be more aware of the smal problemes and the members also. th is dona get better that s what we whish
love TH love trance love life
habib
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Deejiuana » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:29 pm

Ok, i did tell myself and some other members that i will not post here anymore, but i will post this.

First of all, many thanks to the people who brought all of this up...I agree with a LOT of what has been said (mainly from the users and not the mods).

I will start my post in regards to Samer...
In the past, you've given me great impressions about urself, and at a few times, u've given me some 'less-better' impressions of yourself, but i never judged, nor thought differently, but today, i guess, u've proved somethin to me....

Samer, you've said:
jumping into hasty conclusions is just another reason why we simply cant add any1 to be a MOD

Great...yeh...i agree....but if i were you, and if i was really saying that, i'd then automatically be taking away your admin privileges away...why?
check what you wrote after:
but just a small hint, users who were trying to be active just to get a MOD level, and if this level wasnt obtained they would simply leave (like hasneez and deej) shows really that they might value the "prestige" of becoming a MOD more than the whole idea about a Trance community and the whole idea behind TH

Hmmmmmm, so question: what the hell makes you think that i actually stopped postin here was because i didnt get a MOD privilege....had you, or any other MODs (whose sole purpose is to actually care about the site of course) really cared, i think you would have had the EFFORT to ask some of your OLD members why we have stopped posting - and let me tell you this: i DID NOT quit because i did not get to be a mod, funny, i didnt even know Gen and Johnny became MODs till i ACCIDENTLY came across this particular topic, so yah, take your advice samer, and dont jump into conclusions yourself.......you'll get your reasons in this post. But wait, since MODs discuss issues, Gen knows why i quit - has he not informed you? hmmm, weird....
anyway, moving on...
To answer your question (just to prove a point) - One FAMOUS site that does do a sort of voting for mods = TranceAddict.com
(happened last year....)

A lot of you guys mentioned very good points (users) and i will repeat some of the main points - which are the REAL reasons why i actually quit this place....

here i start:

DICTATORSHIP - anyone familiar with this word? myah, thought so....
Topic locking - you simply cannot imagine the number of times i was SO frustrated with the topic locking - even GENESIS agrees to that...

Dion, u said:
locking becomes the last resort to prevent further damage to the forum

Am sorry again MODs, but this is a lie...simply a lie - TOO many times were topics locked without any previous warning...AT ALL. just like that - bang - TOPIC LOCKED.
Well, guys, let me tell you something and i thought/had hopes that you knew that, but apparently you dont.
Dion, you, as a student studying management should PERFECTLY know this - NEVER ignore the elephant in the room - any of your teacher told you that before?
This basically means that when there is a thing or tension between two persons, you do NOT ignore that tension - and in this case, you do NOT simply lock topics...why? hmmm, let's see:
If X n Y were starting to have a discussion, which then turned into a dispute and maybe a fight, and the topic was locked, isnt it kind of obvious that at another time, when X n Y will be in another topic, they will restart that argument? yesssssssss!!!! Topic-locking is just gonna take the dispute to another topic....and this brings me to my next reason why i quit:

Am sorry to say, but you mods have been trying REALLY hard to make this place really fancy fancy pretty pretty - all negative posts have been either:
1-Deleted
2-Gangbanged (meaning you all jump on that person since he said somethin different that ppl dont agree with)
3-Ignored
You cant really force everyone to write only beautiful and colorful posts - no, people are different, people behave differently, yes, 90% of the ppl here may be reunited on TH for one single reason - TRANCE - but ppl STILL think and behave differently - and i am talkin about:
1-People not liking Amadeus
2-People not being here for trance mainly
3-People believing OTHER things that you mods dont believe in
I mean come on, dont we all know that disputes and fights are beneficial at times - people LEARN from that - cant have a 100% clean place - you gotta allow all that - after all, this is a forum and a forum is like a discussion and in discussions, you're bound to have disputes, but nope, not on TH - as i said before: DICTATORSHIP

this leads me again to my next point:
Amadeus Voting - you see, i shut up about this, and kept it in me - as much as i wanted to, but meh...
Mods, and yes, am not your father, am not the MOD godfather, but umm, encouraging people to:
1-vote many times a day
2-using multiple accounts to vote
3-letting people make other people vote for Amadeus (who most prolly have nothin to do with EDM)
All of those things are things that shouldnt b done, that cant b done and that are wrong to be done - now, encouraging or not saying anythin about it is just the same thing - in democracy, you dont go everyday to vote and you dont have 10 identities to vote....
I dunno, and that Amadeus thing on the front page seriously reminded me of the election times in syria - once again: Dictatorship...
AND LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR: I AM NOT SAYING HE DOESNT DESERVE BEING RANKED IN THE TOP #100, but ummm, surely not in this manner...

Next point:
and before i start this one, i do admit that am not ANYMORE a huge trance fan - used to be, not that much anymore and that's about it and i DO admit that i dont post a lot of trance related topics, but at times, i do post some edm related topics - perhaps, my most enjoyable thread of the year was the one in the music room called: Calling all House Fans - whoever created that, 10x!
anyway, my point is or was (cant remember it now....)
oh, yeh, feedback - at times, i feel like we are obliged to bow and congratulate and give feedback and do i dunno what to some user's outputs (sets, or wotever it is) while at other time, no one really gives a fuck about any other thing other users post....
what am i refering to? This:
"Club 1234 - where all lesbians and fat elderly DJs meet"
or
"It was just that one time in college..."
Dion, familiar with this? pretty sure it rings a bell, check this:
http://trancehits.com/viewtopic.php?t=7342

Now, am pretty sure you and all other mods are yourselves: Eh, since when was Deejiuana so uptight with such things? He was the one who would comment on pictures or post unrelated things......
come on guys, arent you asking yourself this? well, answer is:
SINCE EVERY PERSON ON THIS SITE STARTED POINTING FINGERS AT ME or BEING SO UPTIGHT ABOUT MY UNRELATEDNESS....eh, i guess it works both ways....

One more thing MODS, am pretty sure u'll agree with me when i tell you that some things werent or concerns werent answered....no need to further discuss this i guess

oh, and lastly: whoever said that this isnt a social network is WRONG, cant remember who it was, but i think that person itself met ppl through this site and a lot of 'relationships' happened by TH....so yeh, it somehow is, just like any other forum - that's the hole point of forums - to FREELY discuss things and to meet people - anyone not knowin this should ask himself/herself why they joined this forum in the first place.

Anyway, now that you have all my reasons my dear Samer, i really hope you are convinced that i did NOT quit because i didnt get any privileges...ffs, i didnt even know bout the new mod addition....
i had talked briefly about all this to some members before quitting....and yeh, i did leave......
one last reason why i did:
if you guys wanna make it a RULE that TRANCE only is to be discussed (since it's 'the main focus of this site') and since people cant stand non-trance related topics, i decided to leave - and yeh, the only place where i actually felt cool in was in fact the house thread in the music room, and FOR **** SAKE, RESPECT THE EDM LISTENERS WHO DONT LISTEN TO TRANCE ANYMORE!

and sigh, cant believe am gonna type this, but:
This wasnt an offensive post or anythin, just a side which needed to be heard in this thread...and sorry it's long...but i had to...
Soon.........Very Soon...
Deejiuana
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby System.S » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:32 pm

Hehe
Just as i EXACTLY thought and said to many people who wanted that post......

The Administration justified or however, only replied (would be the right word) to few points and YET, no solution, action has been taken toward anything, just as in many other threads.

Samer, i read between your lines, hidden letters that says:
I DONT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT HOW OR WHAT YOU GUYS FEEL, THATS WHATS AVAILABLE, LIVE WITH IT.

Johnny, eza baddeh 3lek on your "claim for skills / knowledge" .... btez3al or at least ull get pissed...

Dio is the only one so far who is giving few straight clear points and taking this topic seriously and looking at it from a right angle / prespective, respect dude.

Prozact and LZA, if we need to wake up because we take "things" too seriously, or love that place where some people call it a second house, YOU NEED TO ACTUALY SLEEP, AND START DREAMING, your are emotion less, dry with feelings, its actualy weird to know you guys are into Trance, dont u love this music? YOU FREAKIN DO, and it does attaches you to many things and its part of ur daily lifestyle, how do u call that then? or justify it??!

I still have my final word toward all this, so far ma shefet shi bi 3abbeh el rass as replys to this thread, 80% of the people who replied did not understood / looked to the core of this topic...heh, its not the first time.
System.S
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby System.S » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:42 pm

DEEJ, 3a rasseh man,
1 reply out of 8768768 fet bi rasseh.

i wanna ad something that goes to SAMER:
Dude, u said above that companys do not take the staff's oppinion when they promote someone.....THEY DO! companys that started up from scratch, with a small team, and got build up slow with hard efforts, then others join to make it bigger....becomes a family and in a family, everyone takes everyone's oppinion when any important action would be taken, and it is in SUCH companys, where u feel comfortible the most to work and be part off, because you beleive and understand that the owners invests in you and appreciate your job and hard work.
i am not creating this, you know it, eveyone who had workd in any industry knows it and i myself am sure 300% of this, cus i have build many companys and was part of fondations of many others, where all of what i said is accurate and true.
System.S
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions/Help