// Some one has to speak out Loud //

Any suggestions on how to improve TranceHits.com?
Need any help on TranceHits.com?

Moderator: MODs

Postby hani » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:17 am

Yes, the fun section should be deleting
heeh well ok it should be deleted! PS : i m writing it fast!
*L E A M A - A N D - M O O R * C O M M O N - G R O U N D*
hani
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Path;)s ! » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:09 pm

i think some of the members are biased by the MOD posts ... i did say SOME ! but i agree with some points 1,4,5,7 !
and yeah new MODS should be agreed on by the majority of the members !
Just Listen, Enjoy & Be Inspired !
Path;)s !
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:19 pm

Well, it says under the movies + sports section that its being moderated by all the mods, yet I still never saw MalcomX Edit/delete one post, maybe he did back in the day, but defiantly not for the past few months. Anyone can post movies in that section, doesn’t take a mod to do it.

It's not just about editing or deleting topics, it's about someone whose time allows him to inform us about the latest movies and sports events while we're busy getting releases and writing reviews. And for pete's sake, just as I said to Patrick, supposedly he's not doing that great of a job, does the well-being of the Movies and Sports section really matter that much to you and to the forum?

ts also reflecting on his Mod behavior, I haven’t seen an edit/delete or any Mod-duty that he has done. Let alone that we all thought he was dead (no offence Dreamboy) couse off his in-activity. Yes his computer crashed, but come on, who has only one computer in their house?? And even if he did, he didn’t find another computer for the past 1 MONTH? Not even a friend’s? Internet Café (2 thou per/hour)? It just shows how responsible he feels for this site.

Yes he does edit, delete, and fo MOD duties; he just doesn't announce "moved to the lounge" like the rest of us do; is that really a crime? And a lot of people have only one computer in their house, and not everyone can occupy his friend's computer for a whole hour everyday for his personal use. What recently happened with Steve was an episodic inactivity that is justified and not a sign of irresponsability, else we would've de-moded him.

Can you please explain to us those solid reasons? A lot of people are eager to know.

As we, the crew, were discussing the matter, I personally suggested that while announcing the two new MODs we specify what criteria of selection were implemented, but the majority disagreed and thus we refrained from doing so. If the Admins feel that they can reveal the reasons now, then I'll leave that to them, but won't take that responsibility myself solely. I hope you understand my position.

Alotta members were telling me that they wanted to do it, yet I was the only one who ACTUALLY did… but that’s not the topic now

As I said before, leaving the forum or any such act is a destructive reaction, while this topic is a constructive one. It's always better to express your concerns instead of repressing them and walking away, for as you clearly see right here, these concerns are being debated in the most of civilized manners and obstacles are being gradually overcome. Maintain your loyalty to this community and this community will always have open ears to all your concerns.

Might be true, but there is no reason for Johnny to actually DELETE the topic that Roland wrote about the DJMAG top 100. So what if u want to double post it in the main page? Johnny should’ve kept the topic and if another member wanted to an official topic and post it in the main page of the site he should’ve.

Through our history, a lot of topics were double-posted, and this led to the confusion of the members as to which topic to reply to. This even happened very recently when PLUR created two seperate topics for the AvB shirts issue. This is why we tend to remove whatever double-posting there is to ensure that all the members are active under the same roof.

Then why were they added as MODS?

My answer is the same one as that regarding Johnny & Genesis.

Its funny how the other time, I posted a topic in the wrong section, i even posted twice to move the topic but no one cared, both ADMINS viewed the topic 4 times, I reported the topic (with that report button) to all the mods/admins, yet it was never moved, till few days ago that I was talking to Bxtreme over MSN and told him this story and he went and moved it by himself.

Human imperfection.

its also funny, how everyone went crazy when Nightstalker thought of plagiarizing Gen’s work by copying and pasting without mentioning the source and the guy got a warning

It was a hasty reaction, once more due to human imperfection, but one that we later on reversed. See? We do admit our mistakes, and we do fix them.

Did u guys really think Trancexual wrote that Alias list?? I really don’t see Tranceaddict.com as a reference over there.. shouldn’t he get a warning? Nope, everyone showed their gratitude and Zooz got all the credits. Hmm.. should Trancexual get a warning for that?? (no offence zooz)

Once again: human imperfection. Thank you for pointing that out, I just edited the main topic to add the source.

Or what bout that time that Dio actually made his set a sticky for people to download? I still dont' get why it wasn't in the production/dj's section like all other normal members? and why it was a sticky?

It was in the DJ section, but it was made sticky because it was supposed to be the inauguration of a series of progressive sets I will record to share exclusively here, just as RN is a Trance radio show that is shared exclusively here, so it wasn't just another set by one of the members, but a first set of many sets to come as one of the official "services" of TH. Alas the project was abadoned due to lack of webspace and uploading limitations, but hopefully it will be resumed as of 2006.

On a side note, I wish to express my sincerest hopes that this reply of yours will mark the definite return of the one of our most valuable members to the forum.
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Roland » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:17 pm

Hasneez:
Might be true, but there is no reason for Johnny to actually DELETE the topic that Roland wrote about the DJMAG top 100. So what if u want to double post it in the main page? Johnny should’ve kept the topic and if another member wanted to an official topic and post it in the main page of the site he should’ve.

DIO Replied:
Through our history, a lot of topics were double-posted, and this led to the confusion of the members as to which topic to reply to. This even happened very recently when PLUR created two seperate topics for the AvB shirts issue. This is why we tend to remove whatever double-posting there is to ensure that all the members are active under the same roof.

Dio , My Post Wasnt A Re-Post I Was The First One Who Posted The Top 100 Dj's List For 2005 , 1 Min Later Jhonny Saw The Topic And Deleted It By Telling Me That A MOD Should Post This Thread ! I Ran Out To Esam On MSN And Told Him What Happened , He Said That Before We Post The Top 100 We Should Confirm It Its Our AMADEUS At 97 So We Can Make A Big Announcment ! All That Happened In 5 Min ! After That 5 Min In Logged In Into TH And I See That GENESIS Has Posted The Same Topic Again And No One Deleted It And Everybody Started Replying At It !
I Replied To Gen Topic By Saying That I Was The First One To Post This But MY Topic Got Deleted , But You Dio MY Friend Replied At We're Not Doing A Race By Posting This Topic Like Some Of You Are Taking It !:)
Roland
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Path;)s ! » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:22 pm

I Ran Out To Esam On MSN And Told Him What Happened

ma bedda hel2ad :lol:
but ur right i support u !
Path;)s !
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby ~Tr@N(E_L@TiON~ » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:07 pm

Well I ran out of points and words... they have said it all.. bass i'de like to say this that mazel ure saying Malmox is a mod 3ala il sport section and movies... well i think that Patrick and Roland must be mods on everything that concerns graphics including new logos and wallpapers and t-shirts for TH...

There defenetly shouldve been a VOting for the new Mods...I say that Hazneez,Patrick,or/and Roland Deserved to be one of them!! and ure saying that its not the members choice ..well U didnt make the right choice urselves this time! U shouldve studied it more b4 selecting the two new Mods!

As for the new members that "SOME" I say ruined TH and made it lower with silly unquality posts...and just wanted to rush to higher their number of posts...and as Jano said that some joined just for the sake of the T-shirts and free drinks and Prestige that they belong here! There should be a solution for that..a ban/warning...waraver..

Long Live TH!! and Thanks for listening!
[color=blue]The [МŨ
~Tr@N(E_L@TiON~
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby samer » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:51 pm

fist i wanna thank you ppl for your concern and care about the wellfare of TH. now i need to cover a few points targetted in here!!

1- The feeling of having this place to be less familiar should be understandable by all of you.. when one community to start to get larger and larger, more users posting and more topics created.. the family feeling will definitely diminish! i'm talking from a personal experience when i used to be a member at Trance.nu back in the 90s! i used to log on daily, check almost all posts and literally follow up with all the members.. but after a while things started to go out of control, keeping track of everything just seemed harder and harder until it became almost impossible (unless i would spend my whole time checking the forum).. but did i feel mad or upset about that? definitely no! it was just the normal evolution of an every growing community!

2- i cant seem to understand why the shout out towards the MODs, now even if we added 20 MODs that were all inactive how does that harm the forum? and how is it bothering any user?! it's not like we're making the users push a carriage full of MODs and eachtime we add one the load gets heavier!

3- with all due respect, selecting MODs is sololy an internal affair. Picture the forum like a company, do companies go on and asks everyone working in that company about their preferences each time the management decides to recruite an employee?! moreover, if we want to make a vote about selecting new MODs, do all users get equal votes? would it be fair to ask users who barely participate and consider their preference the same way as if they are one of the most active users?! and if not who can choose which user is to be asked to vote and who's not?!

4- it was really funny reading the part where some of you claimed that i take all the decisions in TH (jumping into hasty conclusions is just another reason why we simply cant add any1 to be a MOD), noting that i need not to justify myself nor anyother MOD has to, we will do it just coz we do appreciate your concern and i personally consider myself friends with almost all active users in this forum. So to get back to this issue, it's really funny if you guys really believe e-sam didnt know about this or any other decision it's not like i'm holding a gun and terrorizing the guy (though i might start doing it since it might turn out to be helfpul :P) for ur info guys, all decisions are taken equally, and sometimes (like in the subject to adding MODs) which should be the only concern of the ADMINs, MODs where notified and discussions were brought up regarding that matter, though i myself fail again to see where the issue of monopolizing the decisions would affect any of the normal members for that matter..

5- i personally think that the big fuss about the new MODs is really unnecessary and is mainly coming from some guys who are just MAD coz they didnt get to be MODs - though i cant blame you guys for wanting to be MODs i can only tell you that it's not a pleasant thing to be and it's too much work, i dunno why you're eager for that.. besides, chosing MODs is being taken from several point of views, many of which, users have no full knowledge regarding them.. but just a small hint, users who were trying to be active just to get a MOD level, and if this level wasnt obtained they would simply leave (like hasneez and deej) shows really that they might value the "prestige" of becoming a MOD more than the whole idea about a Trance community and the whole idea behind TH. for that you guys might be mad and angry.. well am as much disappointed!!

6- True some users do post their artwork in here, and although we dedicated special sections for this issue (which should be considered as a support by itself) we're simply unable to keep track of everything unrelated to trance.. after all this is TRANCEHTIS.com and our main focus and objective would be tracking TRANCE and everything else related!

7- for the 1000 times we do repeat ourselves saying we're not affiliated in no way with MIXFM! darn we dont even know the ppl working their aside from a couple of DJs who are actually FRIENDS before being MIXFM DJs.. again, jumping into hasty conclusions whithout being well informed!!

8- we try to involve all of the users with many decisions regarding TH, and manytimes things were thrown into users hands having full responsibility with our blind support! (Roland should know what i'm talking about) and also Janomeg with his famous stickers that no1 should be blamed for its delay other than his and our daily work that's taking the majority of our time..

9- pls i'd like for any1 who offered a suggestions to us, to pls let us c where did we ignore his suggestions.. a suggestion is not a command to be followed! not taking a suggestion is different than ignoring it! we simply cant take all suggestions and work with them. pls put urself in our place and see things from our perspective!!

10- i dunno why the tone of some comments shows anger and hostility! though we do admit that we have duties toward this community, it's above all a HOBBY and a fun activity for all of us, and taking into consideration that we never ever asked anything from anyone of the users, i simply refuse to be accused (or any other part of this community, being crew member or normal user) of any lack of effort or harwork! REMEMBER WE'RE NOT PPL GETTING PAID TO DO WHAT WE DO! we're offering everything free of charge!! and we're all in here first and above all to have fun and discuss things that we like!

11- many do criticize the fact that many new users have been joining in lately (the same thing has happened to most of these users when they joined themselves) it's true that many unrelated posts are being created lately, but i dont c other than a very few of the unsatisfied users posting anything related to trance or high quality posts themselves.. whereas most of the TRANCE related topics are being created by the crew ourselves, i cant but to ask you guys to counter this "new users posting unrelated topics" fact with posting useful things urselves! ;)

12- while i - nor anyone else - cant claim perfection, i do admit we have made mistakes here and there, and since no1 is perfect everything can be fixed and i myself dont think that any mistake done was THAT big enough to be taken so seriously and would require ppl to leave this community! especially that many of u do know the true spirit of friendship that lies beyond this community into real life!! it's really weird how some of u are bringing up such small details like moving a topic or deleting a post! (not that mistakes like this are being made on a daily basis..)

finally, i cant but to thank you for ur propositions, as we are always more than welcome to discuss anything with anyone, we just hope we can keep all of you as part of this growing family and kindly ask you to take things maturely and take things easy as i can firmly say and like DEEJ once said:

YOU GUYS TAKE THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY!! :P (right Deej?)

.Sam
Last edited by samer on Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby PROZACT » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:52 pm

its been a year n a half (if not more)...i'm a member on TH...i visit d site almost everyday, although most of the time i enter as a visitor n check the topics get news and spend alot of time reading in the library...i had alot of members as friend of mine....and they r absolutly wonderful people!they put alot of time alot of effort to come up wid smtg like TH...and dis is smtg it should b appreciated!!!
ive read this post which was long long long,expressing anger, dissapointment and hard feelings.....im so sorry guys coz uve been feelin so lately.but u have to take into consideration ome points:

1- ill repeat wot dion said maybe but i dont care.....MODS Admins are not perfect they r human as much as we r...they have limited abilities and time....they have a LIFE to live......they cant spend 24/7 on TH so lets contribute wid them in makin TH a better place...and if we r goin to nag and get disappointed just let us b only recievers from d first place..its ur choice no one tells u to work ur ass off to bring on smtg....n if ur goin to do it,just do it for d common good n expect nthg in return its a personal choice as i said above....

2-for the new Mods, first congrats guys,hopefully ull add a value to TH.
second for those of u who werent happy wid this results coz one of d mods didnt deserve or wotever it has been said.....well i can say one thing,im sure these mods have been carefully selected to improve things in TH coz obviously the # of d mods werent enough,we r a community of thousand if not more. if half of d members r active n they post daily once that means 500 posts which is pretty hard to go n read all of them n comment on them,edit n delete the usless ones to keep the image of the site,deal wid wrong information posted n try to correct them...regardless to the latest news they should get n post them here infront of us....
if ur not satisfied and u think it was not fair,n u think some1 else deserved dat chance more than those MODS selected then give d name and d reason u think he/she was....

3-as most of u said"I LUV TH "...i do dat as well but after all when u come to think about it logically,its a site where u spent alot of time there, not more not less...n its a BIG mistake to consider it more than that....its not a social network, its not a dating site ,its nothing but a forum u can exchange ideas wid other ppl who share d same interests of urs....so i'd say blame no one but urself for the ones who say"i consider TH like my second home"......enno sorry but dats too fake 4me!!!u might luv d site but a second home???wtf??OPEN UR EYES!!!no one is ur mum n dad here its not a family dat u own in here its a community u have some responsibilities towards it.....but if u dont ccomplish dis responsibilities no one will come n blame u....after all its a virtual thing not a REAL one!

4-and for d suggestion dat said: should ban the inactive users....well dats so lame...let me give u dis situation n u tell me wot to do....if i visit the site everyday n spent an hour or 2 but as a visitor without entering by my name, dat makes me an ACTIVE or INACTIVE user?????should they ban me coz i do not post antg?

finally its not dat im advocating mods n admins in here....i was just givin my honest opinion about d subject....thanks for everyone who posted in here
LONG LIVE TH.............
PROZACT
PROZACT
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby pTq » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:08 pm

PROZACT , SAMER , DIO : im with you all the way ....
im not gonna say anything about this matter due to the simple fact that you've said it all ...
just want you to know that im supporting you ...
love trance
love lebanon
love trancehits
pTq
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby Roland » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:29 pm

PROZACT , SAMER , DIO : im with you all the way ....

Does That Mean That Our Posts Were Silly And Useless :S ?!

DIO , Samer , Prozact ! I Wanna Thank You For Your Understandings And Useful Replies !

But We Still Didnt Get Answers To Our Question , These Are Big Replies With No Points ! Why These Mods Weere Chosen We NEED ANSWERS ! WHY JHONNY ?! What Does Jhonny Have That system.S , Roland , Hasneez , Deejuana Or Any old Member Does Not HAVE ! Can You Tell Us Please :) And You Still Tell Me That MIXFM Is Not Overtaking TH ...
And About My Reply On The Sander K Tickets Wich SAMER Made A Big Problem Out Of It , Where It Was Nothin ! You Was The Only One Who Came Up With It .. No One Noticed But Just To Tell Us Ne7a mich reb7anin jmilto la Madjam We Got The Tickets From somewhere Else :)
Also Why MalcomX Is A Mod ?! just Because He's Someone's Relative ?! Why DREAMBOY Is Not Active While Zooz , Dio Are Online Everyday And Patricipating , Dont Tell me INTERNET Problems Cos Its Been Like This Since Ive Came Here !

SAMER MY FRIEND , WE DIDNT MAKE THIS TOPIC To GET A MOD POST ! IF NEXT TIME I JOINED AND FOUND MY SELF AS A MOD I WOULD ASK TO REMOVE MY ACCESS ! I REPEAT THEIR SHOULD BE VOTES , VOTES AND VOTES ! This Is A FORUM Not A COMPANY
Roland
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby pTq » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:36 pm

^i didnt not say that your posts along with everyone else's is useless or silly... so plz dont put words in my mouth !!!
i read every single post here , and what i wanted to say is already said by samer , dio and prozact...
thats why i didnt write a long post , i dont like to repeat what has been already said
pTq
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby samer » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:36 pm

Dear Roland,

i already answered you, we are not obliged to justify anything to you or any other member.. this might sound harsh but that's the truth.. true we do have our own reasons, but i chose not to reveal them.. and even if i bring my brother as a new MOD! no1 is entitled to question our judgement.. you surely are more than welcome to suggest but you're in no position to ask for verifications! sorry dude, ur my friend and i like you but some limits shouldn't be crossed!!

moreover, the voting is a silly idea.. in which forum do u find it?! what if we have thousands users? we'll spend months and months on voting.. and what about my point of view regarding who to vote and who doesnt?! are you reading our replies man?!
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Path;)s ! » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:20 pm

guys chill ... SamEr & esam made all the efforts to make TH the nice place that it is & some ppl come & tell them what to do ... that sux ... i just think that if users have some prbs with the mods this issue should be dealt with around a table where everth is said face to face ... this topic is useless ... arrange a meeting and whoever wants to attend does so ..
Prestige that they belong here!

loooooool ! yeeeey ! TH = Prestige ! :lol:
Path;)s !
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby habib » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:21 pm

and even if i bring my brother as a new MOD! no1 is entitled to question our judgement..

come on we must chose quality mods i understand that we are not running a country and we are not in a democracy but what happens if the members are upset by the choice. and boycot the site .......
i think that Roland system s hazneez have a point of view it s clear i think they just want Th to get better and be more respected and not used by some members for tee shirts ...
in trancehits we are like a family we are brothers and siters we can upset of each other and forvige each other we want everything to be perfect the family is growing it s natural we must learn to under stand each other and to know each other.
i can see that maybe some mods aren t completing there work and it s upsetting some user actually if mods aren t working on their respons. day and night the forum isn t 100% in a good shape a agree on this point maybe some mods aren t well working we understand maybe they have a job and a lot of studies or doesn t fit at their place we should change them
well the forum is very goog organized i ve never seen a topic at a wrong place but i see a lot of useless topic from new members or old members that s why Th exist to educate people and help them grow with trance and learn more about trance
i can t understand why people want to leave TH if they really felt it was their home they must help and not abandonne it i think it s stupid and not responsible.
habib
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby samer » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:36 pm

^ thanks habib for ur post.. just want to point out one thing for you that many are talking about having MODs not doing their jobs.. though i doubt anyone knows exactly what are the job of each MOD in the first place..

again, throwing assumptions.. (am getting bored of repeating myself!)
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions/Help